Today I have mainly been V2.0

The rose isn’t as ornate (in a good way) as the one that fell down but at least the room is clean & habitable again. We’ll probably redo the woodwork in the summer. I’ve asked the tenant to record any future humping noises particularly if the ceiling moves! (it shouldn’t now).

5 Likes

R2R and a pair of mics?

3 Likes

Microphone and PA system…

2 Likes

did you embed mics in the new ceiling, as per the Russian embassy.

1 Like

Out for a walk yesterday I passed this sad bench

The view isn’t spectacular, but it’s not bad either, given that it’s less than 10 minutes from the (Didcot) town boundary. The large tree in the foreground is one of several running in a line along what was once a hedge (now grubbed up) between two fields. You’ll notice though that whoever put the bench there has it facing in the other direction. Perhaps the view’s even better that way ? No

You’re staring at a rubbish-strewn railway embankment behind a steel paling fence, framed by a selection of heavy electrical engineering. Brilliant.

Further on I came across this huge stubble field with just a few trees on the horizon

In case you’re wondering I took the pic standing, roughly, at OS ref SU566802 and looking uphill NNE.

VB

1 Like

People always seem to put benches facing the path. Maybe it’s to do with the sitters being able to see who else is coming along more easily & therefore be more relaxed.

It does appear that bench has had some maintenance.

There’s an appealing bleakness to the pictures though :+1:

Record fair with john the prog Womble

5 Likes

Reinforcements have arrived

9 Likes

Packed half the house contents to the Big Yellow, said goodbye to the Zingalis and most of the rest of my system - down to the basics now - room sounds great, surprisingly

3 Likes

Moving or renovating Ben?

Renovating Olan; opening up the back of the house and moving the kitchen.

9 week job apparently, but we’ll see…

2 Likes

29 week you mean.

2 Likes

Good luck!

We’re just finished 5 months of renovating the main part of the house. New roof, 3 new bathrooms, new central heating, BIRs, replastering, repainting, polished floorboards and sundry other shit jobs. We’ll do the kitchen and landscaping in the summer after the eldest finishes her GCSEs in the summer.

I refused to have my room renovated because I like the shabbiness/couldn’t be arsed to pack up all the LPs and kit.

EDIT: We came in well under budget so I bought myself a new DAC :slightly_smiling_face: as a reward.

9 Likes

Inspiration for us all

3 Likes

I had to do my own project management after our PM fecked off before the real work got started so I was managing my money. I had to earn it so I am not going to give it away. I was working to his figures too.

I expect the kitchen will be excruciatingly expensive though. The projected costs of the steel are eye-watering enough.

1 Like

My better half is doing the PM; should be interesting…but I have complete faith.

Kitchens are expensive for sure: Brewster would have had no prob if he’d invested in high end kitchen design.

1 Like

Fixt to describe the parlous situation my finances could find themselves in.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Finances under my control.

Kitchen costs agreed following Brexit-like negotiation.

And I has spreadsheet.

5 Likes

Given that we are (fingers crossed the mortgage comes through) about to start on our own, rather massive renovation project, I think a dedicated thread for this might be good too!

8 Likes

Sitting in Specsavers having a PEARs appointment for odd shit going on in one eye.