Today I have mainly been V2.0

Will try and do a better one when it’s been stripped,cleaned and oiled if i remember

1 Like

What’s that then?

I did see that down at the auction & wondered if you’d take a pop. It looked very tidy.

1 Like

Be nice to have the motor version,the manual one could get tedious pretty quickly.
Was more to have a play with,and see what results it gives one it’s set up properly.

Looks like a lot of play on it. Does it need a new key and keyway cutting?

We just tried it straight from the auction,will have a go at setting it up properly when we get the time,felt a bit loose in action.
Will probably sell it on in a couple of months as we just don’t have the room for more machines at present

1 Like

Offered a 6 month contract, starting in just two weeks… I am a recently TUPE’d permanent member of staff on a 3 month notice period.

:thinking:

My current employer has breached the terms of the TUPE transfer and has failed to notify me that my pension was not paid for the last 3 months. I am planning to tell them that I have a job offer and I am leaving in two weeks. I hope they do not pursue me for breach of contract.

:grimacing:

I have not contracted before and to be honest I’m a bit apprehensive about the walking out thing. I do at least have an accountant friend who has my back from the Ltd Company, HRMC and books side of things.

In summary, GULP.

8 Likes

I have spoken with our head of HR in the past about notice period breach of contracts and he advised the cost of pursuing its likely to be too high to ever bother. Now on the other hand your employer have breached their contract with you which you of course could take legal action and if applicable with trade union support.

Difficult call in terms of the contract unless your in a field where your skills are in short supply and Brexit is unlikely to have impact on the number of roles required.

2 Likes

I would give them your written notice immediately, and say that the issue with the pension has devastated your trust in them so you are only willing to work two weeks of your notice. Given that they have breached your contract, the likelihood of you being sued for your breach of contract is vanishingly remote, I would have thought, especially if you link them like this.

They still are contractually bound to pay your pension. You can sue over this very easily, unauthorised deductions from pay are seriously frowned upon.

7 Likes

Food for thought. This is doing my nut in. Might go to the pub.

Another busy day at home bodging - I needed to do a little soldering so decided operationalise my soldering iron setup a little: The mains lead now has a place to be wrapped, there is a base for soldering on and all components are secure, plus I can fit a small vice on it. Aaand It fits in a small plastic crate when not in use so can be tidied easily.

3 Likes

Do what Adam says. Simples. You hate that job and the contact sounds worth a go.

1 Like

Enjoy your ban.

5 Likes

Theresa’s words of truth

Harsh. I’m appealing.

Nah

1 Like

(burp)

LoL

Yep, private sector IT = no trade union