Today I have mainly been V2.0

As well as chucking this out there among the meatmen, this evening I have canvassed opinion among friends and family, some of whom have years of contracting experience. Beer was involved in some discussions.

The most poignant observation was from a newer acquaintance who simply said “I don’t know you very well, but I can see you are not happy (when you talk about work)”.

Tomorrow I will carefully word a letter of resignation and back the shit up of anything I deem useful. Friday is R-day. Bring it on.

To quote the Butthole Surfers: “…it is better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven’t done…”

Good for you Gareth and good luck - I wish I had the balls to tell my lot to fuck right off.

Thanks Allan, I don’t think I could ever be 100% convinced that I am making the right decision, but I think the time is now to go for it. If it doesn’t work out, so be it. At least I tried.

The last time I was on PAYE was 1998 Gareth - you are making the right decision. Long as you have continuity of contract work and a decent accountant, you won’t regret it. :+1:

I’m still waiting for the confirmed offer, Jim… my resignation email is ready to send.

My stomach is one big knot. :pensive:

Best of luck mate. It’ll all be fine :+1:

Thanks Mike. Worst case scenario is it doesn’t work out, so I find something else.

zackly. If you’re a half decent software engineer you won’t be short of contract work.

What areas of software engineering do you cover?

I work with databases and the MS Business Intelligence stack. It’s not exactly cutting edge, or Big Data.

Receiving my new - Euopean Union - passport. Quite surprised at the speed at which it was processed, I only applied (online) 12 days ago.

No blue passport for me, at least not for another 10 years.

Fret not. You can buy one of these:

What, and look like a cunt?

:slightly_smiling_face:

Inevitable

And all is right with the world. :+1::grin:

Reminds me, I need to renew mine, it runs out in 29th March!

it is super fast these days - I think mine last year was about 10 days.

Exactly. It’s gammouflage :grinning:

Achieving fuck all. Tools stowed for the weekend, shower, shit then off on the quench in the village we will hopefully be moving to.