Today I have mainly been V2.0

Still kind of gutted about my tank.

Finding Nemo is fucking easy round your gaff.

8 Likes

Had a shave at a new(ish) Turkish Barber in High Wycombe. It was a Xmas gift from Narelle.

S’OK.

Did they use a straight edge? Or a shavette (looks like a SE but actually has a disposable blade that clips in)?

Just got home from work to a house full of builders being project managed by my wife. I want to kill something :rage:

A Shavette. He was rushing too much for my liking. I got the distinct impression he didn’t think shaves were good utilisation of his time.
I had a long chat a couple of weeks ago with the new Turkish style barbers in Wallingford (much closer to home) and the owner was much more focused on the “luxury treat” side of the experience. This is more for me I think. At £18 (face and head) that sounds like a bargain.

1 Like

how much is the going rate for scorched nasal hair?

If done while having other services, it’s £3 otherwise it’s a fiver.

Crack and sack included, being a present?

2 Likes

Narelle likes certain areas more hirsute. There is still a decent forest around the log cabin :+1:

2 Likes

When I lived in that London I occasionally used to treat myself to a proper shave with a SE and a hair cut at a posh old fashioned barbershop on Fleet St. The name escapes me now but it was pretty close to El Vinos, maybe only a couple of doors away. Iirc it used to cost about £12 in about 1989/90. Dread to think what it would be these days.

A lot won’t wet shave now. The insurance to protect them against transferring blood-borne diseases in the event they nick you is not cheap and the steriliser faff that comes with it is worse than it used to be (my unle was a barber his whole life until he retired maybe 10 years ago).

VB

they use disposables no sterilising necessary.

Best I ever had was in Damascas central market in the Hammam…

Except for the ones who don’t. Like my uncle.

VB

2 Likes

new word :+1: Louise is completely opposite

Performing miracles.

Turning water into Toblerone?

4 Likes

Can’t move now…:yum:

1 Like

Wandering about York aimlessly and loving it. Now having some tapas and looking at Videos of the hound we’re going to see tomorrow morning.

7 Likes

we’re in York tomorrow, where did you have Tapas