Today I have mainly been V2.0

Rapidly pulling a proposal together for a new piece of work. Bugger I much prefer word of mouth referrals over and above semi-competitive tendering.

Resting at home after advice from the boss - had a night of rapid heartbeat which carried on through most of the next day, unnerving. Been to the docs and wore an ECG for 24 hours, but I did that at work as I wanted the data to be meaningful.

Becoming increasingly irritated by the amount of dust in the spare room. Deliberately not doing very much is tiring.

Bugger mate :frowning:

Cut down on caffeine if you have any, might help along with the other stuff, hope you/they sort it :+1:

Fruit of loin 1’s first day at school.

22 Likes

Quality pic!

1 Like

Where is the iPhone X?

The shoes will be scuffed by the end of the week.

1 Like

I can foresee the following conversation after future parents’ evenings.
Teacher 1: so that was FoL1’s parents?
Teacher 2: Yup.
Teacher 1: That figures…

1 Like

I used to get “so you are xxxx’s parent”, followed by a sucking in of breath and a big sigh for my eldest son.

just wait until the teachers find Stronzetto

1 Like

Addendum

The last few nights actually;

…been educating one of my colleagues in the joys of music on my night shifts. No, really. This guy admits he knows nothing about music and only listens to commercial radio in his car. His wife is more interested but only likes solo female/acoustic guitar stuff (which he hates).

So, I took him through various genre from Ambient, Electronica, Jazz (several styles including Fusion), Retro Pop, Heavy Rock (not Metal), Post Rock and Prog.

CD albums he has so far bought = 2 x Steven Wilson, 2 x Porcupine Tree, 1 x Mogwai, 1 x GY!BE, 1 x Tangerine Dream compilation and a Hoodoo Gurus album.

One more night and I’ll have him buying suitable playback equipment.

6 Likes

It’s all for the cause oh Noble one

I’m surprised how enthusiastic he was. I love being able to develop staff but it’s usually with work shit :smile:

3 Likes

Meh! Fuck off with you pandering to Snowflakes :unamused:

1 Like

Yeah, remember how exciting it all was (and sometimes still is) when you were getting in to it all ? Well, it’s the same for him now, just later.

I find it difficult to understand how someone in their 40s hasn’t “got it”. But then I was smitten by the time I was 8 y.o. :smile:

And. Still. Learning.

1 Like

So were a lot of us, but we are pretty far up the weird scale.

2 Likes

Troo dat.

Tru but harsh :persevere: