Today I have mainly been V4.0 (Part 1)

in the garden of course…don’t forget the cheese

Not in this wind, adjourned until May.

1 Like

Taking FoL2 to meet Goldie (or Ginge, or Findus, haven’t decided yet…)

15 Likes

Findus crispy pancakes is all you will be able to afford to eat… as special treat.

5 Likes

At a push, I will be able to supply the filling, at least.

5 Likes

Nice peaceful day in hospital getting poked and prodded. Very restful.

9 Likes

You’ve managed to get a poke at your age. Very commendable. :smile:

Enjoy the attention, while you can.
Some of us dream of all the fuss, just not the reason.

:smiley:

8 Likes

I just know you’re not man enough to send that round your family :grin:

1 Like

Clearing out the garage and installing a new 13A spur in anticipation of the fitting of a new door tomorrow. Wired for 32A so I can add to it at a later date if I want. Along the way, discovered the sparks - who certainly talks a good job - who’d installed the new consumer unit a couple of years ago did a fucking horrible job, including leaving an old lighting circuit live that I’d told him to completely uninstal! So remade everything properly - to regs rather than fucking rat’s nest.

Skip coming Friday for a proper clear-out, about-which I am oddly excited… :ok_hand:

6 Likes

get yourself over to the CP thread for not checking and signing off their work before paying them

Presumably not the past-it’s-use-by-date stuff in the basement fridges :grimacing: ? You’ll need to bury that somewhere very dark and distant if/when the time comes …

1 Like

As charged. Just didn’t expect it to be substandard - domestic wiring isn’t exactly rocket science, they even colour code everything so the dumb bastards can work out what goes where…

NP. There’s a reason I have dogs…

1 Like

You have doors that need their own 13A spur? Sirius Cybernetics Corporation?

It’s so it makes a nicer sound when it’s working

Learning the real meaning of “Barely scratching the surface.”

Been down to my mums house to start to de-clutter. Today’s job was to burn the vast raft of bills, receipts, statements etc, etc, etc that my mum had amassed over the years. To this end I purchased one of those incinerator bins and thought I had a couple of hours work, tops… :rofl:

I swear, if an envelope came through her door, the fucking thing never left. It got neatly stored in a drawer or filing box or a nook or cranny, in category and date order. Like, about 20-odd years worth of them. :exploding_head:

I was there from about 11am to 5pm, and seriously, I think I got through about 1/3 of it. Obvs I had to flick though it to make sure I wasn’t burning anything important, but Jesus Fucking Christ!

If you’d seen her house before and after, you wouldn’t be able to tell that I’d done anything at all, apart from making a bit of a mess. Except I have an incinerator bin absolutely full of ashes to prove otherwise.

Going back down again on Saturday with Claire to try and make a bigger dent.

19 Likes

Been there !

1 Like

A mate spent two days burning the piles of newspapers in his granny “hoarder”'s house until someone backed into a pile, it slewed sideways, and the banknotes stashed between all the pages made themselves obvious :grimacing:

With me it was paper BP share certificates. Father always took dividends as new shares, but became less and less capable so they were stashed everywhere.

Every time I told the solicitors that we were done I’d find another pile hidden in a bookshelf.

4 Likes