Today I have mainly been V5.0

Down to the cenotaph today, four generations of us paying our respects. For a small town it was a terrific turn out which was pleasing to see, a lot of misty eyes and obviously a lot of memories for many. Very touching .

8 Likes

Splurging big bucks on a couple of picture frames for a couple of items I got off matt.

4 frames for a quid at local charity shop

5 Likes

Cut the pictures to fit

And use the bag for a lifetime swap at Tesco

1 Like

Need to get some white card for the hmv bag one

7 Likes

An enjoyable birthday weekend in Bristol which yesterday included a beautiful walk around the village of Compton Dando & a pub lunch and then today, another nice lunch in The Garden of Easton.
But the highlight of the weekend was a visit to Wake the Tiger. I knew we were going to something but didn’t know what.

You arrive at an industrial estate on the Eastern side of town and appear to be entering the show room or marketing suite of some new, quite challenging (unpleasant) housing development. But as you are led past the welcome centre you go into quite another world of elaborately sculpted interactive sets. The ingenuity is astounding & the gathering of artefacts in each has to be seen to be believed. You’re on a mission to find out about travellers to a lost world called Meridia & the rooms and scenes get more extraordinary as you move through them. FoL#1 used to go to a festival called BoomTown & within that there were individual sets & art installations without much context or coherence. I think some of the people behind those were drafted in to do this but here it does have a theme or various themes. FoL actually shares a house with one of the lighting guys who worked on this. Anyhow, it delighted, challenged & informed adults & children alike without being at all worthy or preachy.

I’d recommend it to anyone who can get to it with or without children in tow. Fantastic for a few hours of entertainment.

15 Likes

Happy Birthday Guy :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

I expect you’re looking forward to your Winter fuel allowance?

Not as far as I’m aware. I’m going to spend much of the winter at the Warm Bank @stu is running in his living room while the World Cup’s on. :+1:

5 Likes

Sadly the heating won’t be in use til jan 1st at the earliest,though a timeshare bobble hat is available on request

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Guy.

1 Like

Thanks, it was actually last thursday but we thought it’d be good to see both FoLs up in Bristol & celebrate there.

1 Like

Looks like it finishes the weekend of the Bristol show

Happy belated birthday Guy.

I see the bookings only go up to Feb 26th but I’d be very surprised if it was ending then. Too much work & effort invested. Does it say somewhere that’s when it ends?

Late afternoon stroll around the lake.

5 Likes

No,but I just scrolled through the bookings on the website,and it finishes that weekend

I’m hoping it’s open for half term looks ace

It really is but get your bookings in. We took lots of pics and video and I’d post some but it’s really good turning up not knowing what to expect.

Thanks for this I’m grateful and thankfully the website is the same

At the dentist.

That’s £750 and a day of my life that I won’t get back :confused:

Just got home from this, which was on 3 minutes’ walk away

A fun evening - he could easily have spoken for twice as long, and there were approaching 200 in the audience. The toughest question afterwards was asked by a schoolgirl.

4 Likes