Today I have mainly been V5.0

Eating a rather wonderful meal at Tom Kerridge’s Hand and Flowers in Marlow to celebrate reaching my three score and ten years.

27 Likes

Another septuagenarian! Congrats and happy birthday!

Happy birthday youngster :partying_face::wine_glass::birthday:

Happy Birthday Alan many more to come. :cocktail::birthday::notes:

13 Likes

Trying not to kill the milling machine at work

2 Likes

:kissing_heart::ok_hand:

8 Likes

You need bigger speakers now

5 Likes

That rug…

2 Likes

‘now’ is redundant.

Indeed,chapter 4 subsection 2 in the AA book of ethos

No member shall have a bigger telly than there speakers. Failure to adhere to this rule leaves you with a 90 day cooling off period where they can reflect over there choice, and purchase bigger speakers.

5 Likes

Getting a reasonable leak through the house with last night’s shitty weather.

This has finally nudged us into getting a/the builder in to sort this out and it kind of snowballed after that. He’s already been round so it’s garage conversion ahoy :grimacing: :moneybag: :grimacing:

13 Likes

I have a 64" Telly

Don’t you mean ‘listening room’ ?

1 Like

Why didn’t you get a 65" like normal people?

1 Like

Haha, Didn’t mean to post that bit, but even with a 65" telly I think I pass the ‘speakers must be bigger than the telly’ test!

I’m not sure. It wouldn’t be the most inviting of spaces even when sorted out.

It may well end up as a well-appointed utility room, then I get to steal what is currently “the laundry” as a listening room. Two people in a four-bedroom house - yes we have an entire room devoted to hanging out laundry.

Mind you - I haven’t seen the estimate yet :laughing:

Enough of this defeatist nonsense!

Show your builder this and then tell him to just get on with it -

2 Likes

Reckon you should put up or shut up dude

3 Likes

At the Academies Show, parked almost in the same country as the hall it is in and accumulating a pile of sub Bristol show level stationery and general tat.