Today I have mainly been V5.0

Our Samsung washer dryer has, earlier on, pissed water out its arse all over the kitchen floor. 7 yrs and 1 month old.

2 months ago our Samsung fridge freezer decided to overheat and die, 6 yrs 11 months old.

Building shit that last 7 yrs then, Samsung?

Both high end ones too.

2 Likes

Much sympathy Graham, but I’m not sure you’ll get many replies. We’ve all got kitchens full of modern white goods and we’re all terrified of tempting fate.

1 Like

My Hotpoint fridge-freezer is over 25 years old. It got topped up once (with Freon!!) but has otherwise been faultless. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think that high end gives any certainty of better build quality and longevity nowadays

The dishwasher (bosch) is also now 7ys and month old. We’ll see how long that soldiers on for.

(We moved in 7yrs and 1 month ago)

Agree. Although the WM did have a 10yr warranty on the motor, which is nothing to do with the leak.

Our Samsung fridge freezer is starting to crap out too, freezing up behind the veg drawer, thus freezing any veg at the back of the drawer, and the water dispenser is kaput (probably a solenoid so that’s fixable), but the other day we worked out it was 17 years old and we got it in a sale for £750, so not too bad really. Trying to find someone who’ll work on a Samsung American fridge freezer is bloody difficult.

Equivalent is double the price so hoping it can be fixed

FWIW I’d persevere and get someone round to see to it while it’s still functioning,. Soonest anyone could come out to us was 8 days, we considered that an unreasonable delay when there’s no guarantee a repair is possible.

1 Like

A year ago in short succession we had to replace a washing mc, hob, oven, dishwasher and mixer -All around nine years old - Our Fridge a large Panasonic one of the same age seems OK.

The same thing just happened to our LG. Unfortunately the water pipe up the freezer door has frozen and I can’t face defrosting the freezer or removing the door so it still doesn’t work. The guy that replaced the water valve for us was Gary cross on +44 7766 157436

1 Like

Go to the brand’s websites and look at repairs. They are often carried out by 3rd parties but you can get a year’s ‘warranty contract’ included in the repair and is usually a fixed price repair.

1 Like

Siemens.

Our very expensive boiler is just 6 years old has required two visits from Worcester Bosch, and has so many new parts (including a MASSIVE chunk of aluminium that I think is the heat exchanger that was COMPLETELY choked with shit just from burning gas!) that it’s basically just the white panels on the outside that remain from the original…

VERY fucking glad of W-B’s no quibble 10 year guarantee, notwithstanding it’ll probably shit itself to death at 10-years-and-a-day …

3 Likes

Going to see Henning Wehn tonight in Oxford.
Quite looking forward to it.

11 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Rather close at the moment :cold_sweat:

Um…

Last night was:

9 Likes

Sam playing? Or there for inspiration?

1 Like