Today I have mainly been V5.0

My old flat was a roof conversion and didn’t have a flat ceiling.
Every speaker I tried sounded pretty good in there.

1 Like

yeah I was thinking that. helps break up stuff and tings

The gabled ceiling is the saving grace in my listening room.

2 Likes

Trying to survive a ‘week’ of the long knives, IT have been fighting for over a year now to get control of our team and looks like they have finally won.

Programme director, programme manager and 2x PM’s have just had their contracts terminated.

Oh well 7 years in the same contract was good but had to end at some point, might get another 6 months out of them if I’m lucky.

11 Likes

Good luck mate. Any chance of going cards in, or would the pay cut to SEO pay scale kill you?

Good luck Chris. I hope it works out well.

1 Like

SEO payscale,! you demoting him on top of everything else:)

1 Like

I switched to a G5 on a fixed term contract early last year, TBH it’s all going to ratshit as they aren’t backfilling so people are just leaving from all the extra work being dumped on them.

It’s nothing but a massive game of buckaroo with responsibilities for permies at the mo.

(plus if I go permie and I’d have to manage the cunts :boxing_glove:)

1 Like

All the best Chris ! Do they see it as important enough that if it’s going tits up in 12 months they’ll start taking people back ?

I doubt it, TBH it’s empire building. There’s nothing particularly clever or special about what we do but we’ve put a lot of process governance in place so “we get shit done” just by good old fashioned requirements gathering and solution design/architecture.

IT tend to choose a technical solution and then make the business requirements fit what they want to give them (shock horror it ends up delayed/replaced or not fit for purpose). They think that by absorbing us they will magically fix their issues.

Throw in budgets being slashed/rejected and staff scarpering it’s rapidly falling off a cliff.

1 Like

Whatever next ?!

That was kind of my point Bob…

Bob’s an SEO (Sarcasm Excluded Onsaturdays)

Yeah, that’s a bitch.

In other news, I’ve just struggled, massively, to complete my first job application in 17 years. If I’m successful I’ll be an EO and be responsible for deciding people’s actual fate. No pressure then.

haha civil service jobs is bullshit wrapped up in a webpage

Yep. Asylum decision maker. The turnover is so horrific they give you £2.5k if you last 2 years…

Cruella Whatacunt will be after you when you start stamping APPROVED on more than 0.1% of the applications.

2 Likes

Despite her and her equally questionable predecessors, approx 75% of applications get approved. The job is to weed out the Rong’uns and give the genuine victims of oppression an opportunity of building a new life.

Practicing my interview responses here, can you tell?

1 Like

If you can that right then there can’t be many more fulfilling jobs, all the best.

1 Like

I think you have a good chance, you’re already brainwashed. Save a fortune in “training”.