Today I have mainly been V5.0

Think about the long-term cost reductions (such as they are) and take all suggestions of collusion on their part as good news.

By the way, having engaged/married loinfruit is usually the preserve of the elderly. Perhaps you’ll get a bus pass out of it all.

4 Likes

Not so much losing a daughter as gaining a twat :grinning:

2 Likes

I hope you said you would think about it and that you would get back to him next week.

Try to keep a positive attitude - for example, I’ve always liked to think of children as life-long financial ectoparasites whose greatest economic goal in life is your death :ok_hand:

Good luck, grandad :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations !

I’d already got engaged to Mrs VB (as she now is) before meeting either of her parents. But she felt it would be a good idea to introduce me to them reasonably soon afterwards. “Tell him to bring his P60” was among her dad’s light-hearted responses. Good job he wasn’t serious - I was still finishing my PhD and living hand-to-mouth off the odd bit of contract work at the time. Fortunately she had a proper job.

No I didn’t as they are off to Madrid next week and that’s where he hopes to pop the question.

I’ve already established his earnings and assets, (he can’t afford her) but his family have enough money behind them to act as his guarantor.

1 Like

Bet Hel’s Dad said the same of you. I know that I didn’t have two farthings to rub together when I got engaged.

He did and worse. We had a blazing row while Hel and the rest of the gathered family retreated to the summer house at the far end of the garden.

I wasn’t a great prospect I’ll admit, but when he mocked that I wouldn’t be around more than five minutes I pushed back saying that I’d be around a lot damn longer than he was with Hel and her sister’s mother (five years). We’ve clocked 30 years in May and I was fucking right :grinning:

10 Likes

I met Jackie’s Mum a few days before we got married. She travelled over from Straya to the UK for our wedding. We were married a year or so before I met her father and the rest of the family. I’ve never had course to raise my voice to any of them. They welcomed me into their family without hesitation. My mother, on the other hand, was an utter disgrace at every chance she got. It took a decade and grandchildren to paper over those cracks, and we did all the papering. We clock up 30 years marriage in May.

9 Likes

I think we may be brothers :laughing:

Our wedding was her apotheosis - she turned up with a whole playbook of premeditated malice. Although it was quite funny to see a couple of her stunts blow up in her face.

4 Likes

Excellent word; excellently used.

2 Likes

You can’t just leave it there …

1 Like

Interring my mum’s ashes with my siblings in the same plot as my dad in the village cemetery. The small blue cardboard box seemed little to show for her 91 years.

My sister was drunk and emotional (again)

Families eh?

14 Likes

One day we’ll all just be memories. It’s up to us what those memories are like.

6 Likes

Too large a chunk of the day dealing with the loud, wholly-unnecessary, self-obsessed, attention-seeking perma-flusters of the female half of our holiday companions. She literally cannot tie her fucking shoelaces without a running commentary, and will simply raise her voice to ensure she talks over everyone, all of the time…

Honest to fucking god I’m going to stab the cunt at this rate - her fucking jaws never stop rattling and yet not one single word of sense ever issues-forth; nor does she ever actually do anything about anything she’s constantly complaining about… I keep telling Sam “Never again!” - and she keeps agreeing to joint-bookings, because: wine.

Some compensation when we did finally get out after beaucoup flapping -

I’m fucking-off up the pub in a minute and I intend to get absolutely spasmoid…

Apologies in advance for anything I post later tonight. :grimacing:

19 Likes

Ah, Bebbanburg. Destiny is all.

3 Likes

Four hours and three trains finds me in a wet and grim Cardiff. FOL v2.0 holds an offer from the University so we are here to do open day tomorrow. This is the first time I’ve been in Cardiff since I came here in 1983 to see New Order and The Wake. It has changed a bit…

9 Likes

The BEST possible location for a :cricket_bat_and_ball: pitch, ever!

1 Like

Please do feel to ask me any questions about Cardiff. Plus we’d always be happy to help if needed.

Can you not dope her Horlicks? Just a thought :thinking:

1 Like