Today I have mainly been V5.0

Yes :+1:

I’d imagine that’s rather a good match with your speakers. Be interested to know your impressions when you’ve had a bit longer to listen.

Was only here for a couple of hours.
I’ve only just enough funds to buy the empty box it came in.

1 Like

Would be a wonderful pairing with my Direkts I’d imagine.
Any magazine reviews

I’m sure it sounds nice but it’s no AI300

1 Like

6 Likes

With Sam and the Pleasley Colliery Welfare Band at the NEMBBA Contest. They were great though I think we were facing the wrong way?

3 Likes

Is the Wizard of Oz in there?

2 Likes

:grinning: If he was he excepted a 50 quid bribe off me :man_shrugging::grinning:

Strolling along. Low level walk because it was raining early on.

21 Likes

Wow, stunning :heart_eyes:

Where is that?

Ordered new iPad 10th Gen off Amazon this morning as its 30% off all colours except silver. Wouldn’t normally flag but a decent iPad for £349. Highly likely new ones will come out in a couple of weeks but for most people use these are fine.

1 Like

Cornwall rugged in the rain

14 Likes

Lovely. You’re very lucky to have it :+1:

1 Like

having a very traditional Sunday.

Massive roast at a local pub with the three sisters.

Bloody Mary and a pint of Young’s Special.

Long walk in bright sunshine back down from Crystal Palace.

Bit of gardening (wearing a tweed flat cap obvs).

Definitely acting my age :laughing:

8 Likes

Nice,used to like Greenwich on a Sunday.
Must go back sometime

In a fucking panic as my heating stopped working. I had to switch off the boiler for a short time due to the installation of a new smart electric meter which necessitated cutting the power to my flat.

After the power went back on the boiler restarted without issue but the meter guy did mention that my gas meter display was broken and not giving any info.

Two hours later and the gas boiler decides to pack up. I assume that the blue flashing light on the boiler means no gas flow and blame the faulty gas meter. Panic ensues. Phone calls are made. Friends are consulted.

Long story short, today I learnt how to reset my Worcester Greenstar 15ri. The reset seems to have worked and my heating and water have been working fine for the last few hours.

Could be time for a large measure of Cardhu Gold Reserve. It’s been a stressful day.

6 Likes

Say no more, MI5 have installed bugs, the next 24hrs are critical!

:grimacing:

1 Like

Listening to my hifi.

Having sold a bunch of Telefunken and Mullard ECC83s recently that were surplus to requirements, I have used the proceeds to purchase a full set of NOS valves for my Luxman amp. A package arrived from Langrex this morning containing three NOS Mullard ECC82s and a quad of Soviet made NOS Brimar 6L6GCs.

Being technically illiterate, I’ve arranged for my tech guy to come next week. He’s recommended a multimeter for me to buy and is going to show me how to use it to bias the amp with the Brimars. I have instructions from Luxman that look pretty straightforward.

In the meantime, I’ve replaced the JJ ECC82s that were in the amp with the three Mullards and I’ve been spinning records all day. Probably all in my head but they do sound lovely.

Looking forward to getting the Brimars installed next week and finding out what they can do.

10 Likes