Today I have mainly been V5.0

Out walking…

2 Likes

Mooove along there, noiw

1 Like

How long (time) were the queues in the airport (check in, security)?

Chilling listening to James Taylor whilst fitting some new tyres for Brands on Monday

On the way to local boot fair very early this morning

I’ve used this lane almost daily for best part of 35 years and only ever seen sheep in field. Definitely had a wtf moment and have to stop for a look.

8 Likes

Nice ride to Kettlewell in the Yorkshire Dales and a spot of lunch, lovely scenery great weather, nice way to spend a Sunday.

3 Likes

The garden committee of the Dulwich society (yes, exists, yes, has a Twitter account :man_facepalming: ) decreed that today was that weekend for peak rhododendron in the American garden in Dulwich park, so …

Their photo not mine.

7 Likes

We had priority check in and fast track security so we were OK, but the check in for economy was pretty horrendous, security not so bad. We didn’t go through any passport control, they scanned the passports at check in and that was it. We then had a near 2 hour delay as they were waiting for the plane to be cleaned :rage:

My absolute least favourite job of all today - Pet Sexton.

One of the cats had been going downhill with kidney failure and sadly there was very little that could be done, especially as she was about 14 years old. Last night she took a major turn for the worse, and so we sat-up with her into the small hours as the poor mite slowly slipped away.

It’s always hard losing a pet, but for all that she was a messy little bird-and-vole-murderer, she was absolutely devoted to Sam like no other animal I’ve ever known, and poor Sam is in absolute bits - which upsets me more than anything else. The remaining cat is inconsolable, too - the pair were sisters who got-on so well and did everything together, with the departed one always the leader…

29 Likes

All the best to you both. Always tough, but you loved and provided for them, first class.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this. I know from very recent experience it isn’t easy to loose a well loved cat.

1 Like

Trying to book in somewhere for a couple of days mid-June.

Not that fussed where, south coast, south west, Cotswolds, Wales.

Everywhere I can think of is either fully booked or the only room left is the separate lodge / cottage / whatever with an outdoor sex pond, and ridiculously expensive.

I guess I’ve found a couple that have a room left, but they all seem to have gravitated to £240 a night for accommodation that I know to be quite, err, “vintage” and used to cost sub £100 a night.

It looks like everyone is avoiding going overseas this year.

1 Like

Much as I love you guys, I don’t think the wife would go a bundle on sharing with a bunch of blokes farting while they drink themselves into a coma.

Will this do? 11th and 12th.
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2946144?federated_search_id=9ec9f88b-09ba-4c0c-b333-1f8a98838ddf&source_impression_id=p3_1652104768_nuB1TRP%2FjwYfB5tj&check_in=2022-06-10&guests=2&adults=2&check_out=2022-06-11

Nooo ! Such loverly cats.

Sorry to hear that Paul. Commiserations mate. Please pass my best wishes to Sam.

1 Like

Ditch the wife is the right answer

Sorry to hear that Paul. Our pets are family, friends & loyal companions, no matter how bat-shit crazy.
It’s always difficult to deal with when they are no longer with us. but there is no doubt she will have had a good life in your care.
RIP Kitty! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Book her into a wanky spa or something

1 Like