Today I have mainly been V5.0

Our gardens are too fecking big. Plus all the other gardens close by makes any effort pointless. And just to make things complete the house has a stream next to it. Much Himalayan Balsam :disappointed_relieved:

At least that can be pulled up easily

1 Like

on an architectural walk officially called “Trellick tower and North Kensington”.

The guide actually worked for Goldfinger in the Trellick in the early 70s. By the sound of it he has dined out on this fact for the rest of his life.

As well as Trellick the walk went around a good amount of the rest of the public housing in the area, so yes, that includes Grenfell.

A bit of a thorny issue as you don’t want to be a ghoul, but neither is it right to erase the building. Context was given by a local council worker who was still visibly shaken - she couldn’t really look directly at the building. And still absolutely furious.

Personal favourite, St Mark’s Road housing by Jeremy and Fennela Dixon.

https://c20society.org.uk/building-of-the-month/st-marks-road-housing-london

:wink: @Spenagio

Trellick still great, but the guide bored on at length about how the council hadn’t got the colour of some wood trim right during the refurb :laughing:

7 Likes

https://c20society.org.uk/building-of-the-month/st-marks-road-housing-london 2

The picture on that site is piss poor but looking it up on Google images that is a really interesting and unusual development.

1 Like

Kudos to her for doing it.

1 Like

Went to Droitwich this morning for reasons. Walked into the heritage center and spotted a pair or 78rpm record players from the 1930s with massive linear tracking tone arms.
Part of a small exhibition highlighting the bbc radio transmitter that Droitwich was known for in the olden days.

They had some big transmitting valves too

14 Likes

piss off :laughing:

That’s the only thing I know about Droitwich.

I actually spent the first two years of my life there because my mother was banished from her village in Herefordshire because infidelity, bastard child (me) etc.

1 Like

That looks interesting G, where it being held?

https://www.droitwichheritagecentre.org.uk/

Its a permanent display i think.
In a very small room at the back of the building. Small as in the size of a typical bathroom. I wouldnt make a special trip, but if you’re passing that way…

1 Like

Back in the day they had some even bigger ones. There’ a short BBC film about the place from the 1930s here

We’re only a couple of miles down the road and there was a food festival on the riverside meadow all day.

I spent the first 20yrs of my life there.

1 Like

Stupidly throwing myself into the septic tank formally known as YouTube. Thought I’d cheer myself up by watching Fremer’s hastily posted (not happy :smiley:)response to The Washington Post story on the Mo-Fi affair. I then made the mistake of clicking on some numpty’s "My top ten Post-Punk albums. Apart from it being compiled of the most obvious, mundane and common albums, the knowledge, despite being delivered with total arrogance, was totally lacking and full of the usual hear say bullshit. So obviously once it finished the screen fills with other nob’s videos of their top ten post-punk albums. Being a fucking idiot I clicked another thinking it can’t be as bad-Idiot. It was worse and 9 0f the 10 were exactly the same albums. Fuck off you self indulgent 20 something twats, what even is fucking Post-Punk.
Rant over!

8 Likes

It has some upsides, never heard of this but it’s both fantastic to watch and most of the birds wear hotpants/daisy dukes (not the jim type)

Don’t even get me started on russian dashcams :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Youtube also brings up stuff like this.

Just ask Dall-E

1 Like

Beach… bacon….sun burn

15 Likes

Ironically pil we’re ahead of dall e

2 Likes

Foolishly painting the kitchen in our flat.
But did manage a little stroll on the Hoe afterwards. More painting tomorrow but we will swim too (not sure why these pics are so poor)

6 Likes

It’s a shame you missed your optician appointment.

1 Like