Today I have mainly been V5.0

Early presentation to the Directorate this morning. I truly HATE presenting, having an irrational, extreme version of stage fright.

Heart rate was 104 just before I started.

It went well though. Got great feedback. It’s now downhill all the way to Friday when I start leave until September :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Sitting in a cafe in Monmouth, awaiting brekkie.

13 Likes

I had to go for a standard diabetes check up one time and the nurse told me that my blood pressure was way higher than normal. She asked if anything was up.
I told her I was travelling to Birmingham that afternoon as the next day I was giving a conference presentation to about 400 people.
If you had asked me I would have said that I was fine about that and had no concerns.
The nurse told me that she wouldn’t record the test as it would trigger loads of ‘warnings’ and to come back next week.
The next week everything was normal again.

Your body doesn’t lie!

2 Likes

Probably 80% of execs I’ve worked with have admitted the same to me so you’re not on your own. I’ve had to do all sorts of tricks and psychobabble with most of them to help them through those ‘make or break/ keep your job’ presentations!

1 Like

The biggest help to making a presentation, is to really know your subject material.
Know what you are talking about!!
Job done.

Trying to avoid my son who has just come down with cv 19

Not seen that example you linked to, some real care taken on the external design, will try to explore the plans. Lovely scale to work with.

1 Like

Never tire of sitting up here.
Dungeness B to the right and Dover Port to the left.

11 Likes

Getting all my sutures out.

The ones in my forearm surgery wounds were numerous (maybe a couple of dozen ?). The single one which had been in my brain drain (side of head, just above the temple) was big and thick. Hospital trauma dept for the former, GP nurse for the latter.

I’m not missing them.

19 Likes

No gruesome photos?

Hold my beer…
(not that my misfortune compares, even slightly, to what Graeme’s been through)

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Sitting outside enjoying the rapidly cooling evening.

4 Likes

Sit there long enough and you’ll get a ride to the beach :grin::+1:

Birthday stuff with FoL

26 Likes

Wondering why our magnolia tree is blooming again…

1 Like

Sadly not :smirk:.

Twenty-odd years ago I broke my other wrist (the left one) - a simple crack down the radius which meant the two bone pieces stayed aligned. They plastered it for 6-8 weeks and at the end all was mended. The cast was a nuisance sometimes, but that was it really.

This time is night-and-day different. The break is much worse, so I’ve had to have a lot of treatment, culminating in the surgical plating-and-screwing. But the biggest difference is that it’s my master hand. It is essentially completely useless, except as a paperweight. I’ve had to learn to dress, wash (after a fashion), scrawl, work the phone and even wipe my arse using just one hand, and far-and-away the clumsiest one at that. So my manual skills are essentially gone.

I can’t wait to start getting them back.

Wow! That sucks, hope you can get the use back quickly. Are you waiting for physio?

That’s a really extreme way of forcing you to use your other hand Graeme :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Most of the constraint comes from the cast - it really limits the range of motion of my fingers and the tendons which work them. Until I can get rid of it (another 4 weeks ?) physio is limited to what I can do myself - wiggling the fingers, working them using the fingers on my left hand etc. Once the cast’s gone a pro physio is due to start work from wherever we then find ourselves.