Today I have mainly been V5.0

Yup.

Today I tried this for the first time

First attempt produced knots which are clumsy, but at least functional.

Velcro is what you need!

1 Like

Ours does every year, only about a dozen blooms and they have a pinky tinge while the earlier ones are pure white

1 Like

Admiring the cut flowers, many from the garden. Fuck knows what they are, but the orange ones are nice.

5 Likes

Look like crocosmia. Mine are nowhere near flowering yet.

2 Likes

Been to have a look at this beast.

Pits stop for a shandy and pub lunch

Then off to Dungeness for tea.

7 Likes

It’s not as good as toilet paper.

2 Likes

At a horsey thingy.

Not a FoL, just some randoms:

Nice gaff:

Horsebox pron:

allegedly it cost

mike-myers-austin-powers (1)

and they had 2 of them and a matching team motorhome.

9 Likes

There is biiiiig money involved with nags. While I’m at Settle fun Mrs M will be at a Western horse thing in Lincolnshireshire. Mega bucks horses and kit will be much in evidence - top prize? A trophy :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, we were at a show at Bolesworth Castle today not the big International eventing thing they do there, just a thing for young horses, and the amount of money in evidence was eye watering, from £1m horse transporters to £250 jodhpurs. There’s a foal auction tomorrow and the guide prices were all well into 5 figures.

Oh and a steak sandwich from a van cost £12 and a side of chips a fiver. A callipo lolly was £3.50…

2 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of horse shit :grin::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::racehorse::racehorse::racehorse::racehorse::racehorse:

2 Likes

There’s a whole different horsey world out there to the one we inhabit.
Those horse boxes you showed are owned by a family concern - breeders and bringer-ons.

1 Like

Looking over the Langdales. Last week of the caravan after 20 years

Bit sad.

20 Likes

I was in your neck of the woods. I looked in the window at Timepiece in the grand arcade, I look in the watch thread here now and again but I had no idea that people were paying 15k+ for a watch.

1 Like

Filling this 3 gallon bucket with yellow gage plums (sample on the right)

from the middle tree (job to be repeated with the Victorias on the left in a few more days)

5kg plums plus 5kg sugar in here, with a bit of ginger, boil for a bit

and finally into 30 jars

11 Likes

Wife of the old wammers, sadly no longer with us, down in the New Forrest had a stable of those Western horses. Breeder and all that.

1 Like

What was the muffin exchange rate?

The muffins were kept safe in the VIP area, only for Sheikhs and CEOs of energy companies, not for the likes of us.

1 Like

One of the nicest houses I’ve seen, he had garages for his sportscars and she has the stables.

1 Like

The Western horse community know each other well. I’ll have to ask if the lady was known to our friend :+1: