Today I have mainly been V5.0

Getting turned down for a credit card :laughing:

We both have a John Lewis partnership card because middle class and Waitrose vouchers.

The backing bank for this is changing from HSBC (I think) to New Day at the end of October, so the old card will stop working and you have to re-apply.

Date of birth, marital status, employment status. Annual income, err, zero? Spouseā€™s income that is available to pay your bill, err, zero?

Insta-rejection :laughing:

A bit annoying because itā€™s my ā€œonlineā€ card for Google, Amazon, eBay, you name it.

2 Likes

New Day, my old Debenhams card ended up with them, I couldnā€™t close the account quick enough. Not the best. More sub prime is how they appeared to me.

1 Like

I did wonder.

Can anyone recommend a credit card for an old nodder with no income?

Assume you have an income in the form of a pension or investments etc.

Just put down an arbitrary number of something like Ā£40k on the application, they donā€™t validate income against anything, they just run a credit check for late/non payments or fraud etc.

1 Like

Hell theyā€™re all into self certifying for mortgages again. Just grab yourself a Ā£500k credit line.

I got refused once.
A work check revealed a red flag on a Ā£1.20 debt to Vodafone.
I called them and it was an admin error.

Daft things like that can do it. It would have been on any credit reference check

My brother just had the same problem as he retired a couple of years ago.
Seems owning your own house doesnā€™t cut it anymore

1 Like

Exploring the Wye Valleyā€¦

This morning Puzzle Wood and this afternoon Haroldā€™s Stones, Trellech - erected 3500 BC.

11 Likes

You are a brave man, out in this heat!
I wouldnā€™t.

My missus cycled 50+ miles today, I feel very inferior :frowning: (in my defence, I was at work)

Itā€™s actually -3c in South Wales :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, right.

It pissed down all day last Tuesday when I was there.

57 miles for me today and just over 3,000 ft of ascent - it was a tad warm but the memory will keep me going in the depth of our 8 month winter :grinning:

12 Likes

A welcome swim in the river Walkham again this pm. Nice to be able to escape the more extreme heat of the day.

3 Likes

What part of the river Guy ? Not Magpie bridge ?

To Grenofen & then down stream about a 10 minute walk. There are a couple of good deep pools even with the river being a bit lower than usual.

3 Likes

Working in these awful conditions:

(The environment is nice, the kitchen is fucking bonkers hot though)

7 Likes

Putting a roof on the shed.

15 Likes

Outdoor listening room, week 3. :sunny::palm_tree: