Today I have mainly been

Just catching up on things, sorry to hear this Terry, hope it all gets sorted out and you are fully exonerated.

Sounds like you’re going to have to put up with some daft shit in the meantime but stick with it buddy :+1:

1 Like

Just turned up.

Hard discs a-go-go.

This means I can just kick off the massive backup job onto a fresh disc and go out for a walk while I’ve still got the light and the weather :+1:

1 Like

Doing fiddly soldering.

I had to desolder the little chap on the right (that’s a 5p piece on the left) and then solder in its place a new one which isn’t bust. The trick is to do it a) so that the chip ends up in exactly (and I do mean exactly) the right place, b) with good contacts made to the three pcb tracks which come out from under the chip and don’t project any further than the ends of its legs and c) without inadvertently soldering any of the legs to one another and without frying the chip or blitzing it with static.

The good news is that I think the first one’s worked. The bad news is that I have two more to do.

VB

18 Likes

ozzy , we used to be faced with some accusations like this as we worked on our own . hopefully they know you are of good character and have a good track record and that will stand you in good stead . very upsetting indeed

1 Like

Eating my meals at the incorrect time and now I feel sick.

Hmmph.

Reminding myself why I shouldn’t be allowed out with anything requiring more DIY nous than a tub of glue.

Realising that

1. No, I wasn’t witnessing some bizarre abstract situation
  2. Yes, that was me, stark naked at the top of a ladder, under a running shower, waving an adjustable spanner about and cursing profusely

I really should know my limitations and stick to computers.

1 Like

You can get into quite a lot of trouble with glue.

VB

… especially when naked at the top of a ladder.

Calling Stronzetto.
Calling Stronzetto.
Come in please, Stronzetto

Invoking Stronzetto Candyman-style is…‘unwise’.

2 Likes

Apologies…is…

‘Broadsword calling Danny Boy’ any better?

6 Likes

tub of glue? tube?

I will, this evening, mainly be watching some fecking Cornish fishermans folk band. Being staked out on a beach with shitehawks gnawing at me gizzards is looking attractive.

Hey nonny no and it’s a mackerel fishing we go. Just WTF else can they sing about? Maybe the same song dedicated to Pollock, Ling, Cod etc…

1 Like

I await your review :grin:

and smuggling. Don’t forget smuggling

1 Like

How could I forget smuggling???

I shall review the gig using the medium of dance.

4 Likes

The could sing about a gig at the gig.

1 Like

Action shot from the now infamous beach gig

fxt

Great film