Today I have mainly been

Sorry to hear your bad news Paul, and wishing for things to get a whole lot better from here on.

Graeme

1 Like

Best wishes Paul, sorry to hear your news.

1 Like

Replacing the rechargeable battery in Janā€™s Braun electric toothbrush. My eyesight is not what they used to be but it seems to have worked. Good way to save about Ā£50.00.

3 Likes

In Cambridge with my wife shopping. Well, she did shopping, I spent the afternoon in a couple of bars having cold glasses of Sauvignon, and reading the latest copy ofā€¦

3 Likes

I read that as ā€œIn Cambridge wife swappingā€

4 Likes

Nah, the car mag was much betterer fun.

1 Like

Discussing with my boss the efficacy of murder in the workplace.
I wasnā€™t really listening to his reply. Summat about being ā€œillegal and frowned uponā€ I think he said although Iā€™m not convinced.

Still in the planning stages mind. But I may have an update tomorrow :unamused:

5 Likes

learning that my boss is planning to demit and that he is recommending I head up a new departmentā€¦

learning from Louise that her boss has managed to get her the promotion he has always promisedā€¦ which is an amazing achievement, I am dead chuffed I can be kept in the manner I have become accustomed to

12 Likes

ā€¦really, really annoyed by Isabel Oakeshott. Feck me what a load of nonsense.

5 Likes

Dude, you need to manage your expectations better

1 Like

Possibly, but Iā€™m only human :persevere:. There are very sound reasons for me to have largely avoided watching QT since we came back from Oz.

I thought Grieve dealt with her quite well, and did a magnificent job of patronising her at every opportunity. It is just that Oakeshott has such a one dimensional, crass and quite frankly, frighteningly thoughtless view on everything. She only starts to make sense to me if I presume everything the Daily Fail, Torygraph and Conservative Central say is absolutely correct. Even so, she is irritatingly smug while being so feckinā€™ deluded.

You do wonder whether the audience was instructed not to ask her about her failure to report the Aaron Banks / Russia connections. I liked the audience member who said heā€™d rather trust a legally trained Conservative mp than a tabloid hack. The huffing indignity was delicious. She is just Hopkins ā€˜Liiteā€™ā€¦

Lest we forget her take on Grenfell.

4 Likes

The Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

4 Likes

carnival atmosphere here , been gardening and chatting to some of the hundreds of muslim folk passing who are happy as its the end of ramadan . there are so many in the mosque they meet outside and you get to hear some interesting sermons on the megaphone

even better is the usual ferraris and lamborghinis roaring around as usual as they celebrate . its a very happy time for many

3 Likes
2 Likes

Surely, by now, you lot have come to expect a lot fucking less of your elected representatives ?

To expect anything more than self serving, meaningless platitudes and anally retentive diatribe is to court disappointment ?

FFS !

Trying to fix a pressure washer. It was pissing water out of bits of itself that it shouldnā€™t have been.

The Internet suggested that the problem was caused by the failure of either Part A or Part B, and nearly every time it was Part A that was the culprit.

So I ordered a replacement Part A.

Guess which bit had died on my pressure washerā€¦ :roll_eyes:

part c?

1 Like

yes , i used to work next to that place , glad i no longer do !!!

Installing a water feature. Much credit in the bank (the AGs may stay in lounge till Sunday night :joy:)

1 Like