Tools you have bought/desire

No earthly use for such a thing, yet the pangs of want are aflame.

1 Like

Dropped some decent money on a couple of 1/2 inch Radian router bits.
Will require next level respect, movement planning and a constant awareness of where one’s hands when they’re spinning at multi K rpm in the router table.

coin for scale.

7 Likes

£42 down from £80+

2 Likes

A nice coffin smoother with Sheffield cast steel tapered blade. Not bad straight off the bat, will be much better when fettled.

£8

13 Likes

Only Quality Tools (who import PB Swiss in the UK) are having a closing down sale. Not everything is huge reduced, but stuff like Vessel screwdrivers are going for a couple of quid.

I imagine it’s their godawful website that’s killed the business - it’s like time-travel to 1998!

Lol, yes, it’s a bit shit. That said, I’m happy to pay £2 for a Vessel screwdriver (things like PZ2 are basically consumables so you can’t have too many).

1 Like

If I didn’t already have the excellent Vessel set, the Facom watchmakers screwdriver sets are a great buy :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well, that just cost me £140… :+1:

1 Like

:rofl:

What did you buy?

Facom teeny spanners, Felo E-smart screwdriver set, Roebuck metric socket set, Felo (very) long-nose pliers, Felo wire-stripper, Facom universal cutters… probably others, all lost in the red-mist… As you said - fucking good prices :ok_hand:

1 Like

And landed. Very pleased with all of it, but the unbranded Roebuck socket set is the biggest surprise - only £13.60 and in terms of handling, really nice quality; as to robustness, well, we’ll see, but nothing about it suggests shoddiness - unlike my clunky 1980s Halfords hotch-potch of randomness…

6 Likes

We picked up some nos roebuck mill tools a few years ago

Very good quality

1 Like

replacing an old, incomplete/tatty socket set with a shiny new one is always one of those activities that provides an oversized amount of enjoyment

1 Like

Haha, I spy a sneaky PB Swiss screwdriver. You’re fucked now.

2 Likes

I. CAN. RESIST… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

1 Like

As a kid, I was so poor I had to buy sockets, wrenches, &c one or two at a time as and when I needed them…

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a halfrauds socket set. Got mine in '96 and it’s still going strong.

2 Likes

These digital calipers are under £8 again. Now I look closer, they’re only a tenner normally, but there you go.

Limited-time deal: Digital Caliper, Adoric 0-6" Calipers Measuring Tool - Electronic Micrometer Caliper with Large LCD Screen, Auto-off Feature, Inch and Millimeter

I have found mine surprisingly useful. Mine are all stainless steel, whereas these appear to be carbon fibre composite (aka plastic?)

1 Like