Tools you have bought/desire

If you’re fixing plasterboard to it I see no point whatsoever to join the two pieces of timber.

The plasterboard will do that.

1 Like

Cut a dovetail each side and tap a butterfly in. It may be under plasterboard but you’ll know its there. It’ll grate forever if not connected, imagine the conniptions, awesome in scale.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Lots of nice answers. All are wrong -This problem affords the opportunity to tick off one of middle age mans bucket list items:

It’s nail gun O’clock

6 Likes

Not as much fun as a nail gun but cheaper [quote=“Jim, post:2851, topic:1555, full:true”]

[/quote]

That is the kind of thing I was looking for, but now I’m just going to screw it to the wall.

If I do my back in lifting my big drill that high you, and only you, are allowed to laugh.

1 Like

Fnah, fnah

2 Likes

Beautiful old Wadkin PK. Mine isn’t as pretty but she still runs perfectly, not bad for 90 years old.

8 Likes

My new chainsaw just arrived…

1 Like

My new circular saw. Was on sale but also technically better than the equivalent Dewalt. Works a treat, the slot down the middle of my bench is ideal for ripping long boards just using a clamped fence.

9 Likes

A very kind man put a pillar drill on PFM/WAM free to someone who could collect.

Now the happy owner of a Meddings Driltru, proper old school cast iron construction.

11 Likes

Quality :+1:

If it hasn’t been hammered it will outlast you.

1 Like

Given that even my boggo Wickes unit is a joy to use, that should be properly good.

1 Like

It seems really good, bearings are smooth with no play and motor is quiet with no vibration, really happy with it and worth a 4 hour trip.

2 Likes

Best thing is it will stop me breaking <3mm bits

Possibly :smile:

Well mostly. :grin:

1 Like

Lightweight extended garden saw for removing out-of-reach branches from my neighbour’s trees (old saw lashed to length of PVC pipe) :grin:

7 Likes

I used to have something similar till I upgraded to this middle of Lidl special.

1 Like