Tools you have bought/desire

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Couldn’t fine my 2.5mm Allan key so decided to get a wee set. Very nice it is too.

11 Likes

I have this set, I’m a sucker for Wera stuff, just so nice to use!

2 Likes

Me too sooo good

1 Like

Bargain!

3 Likes

Some nice offers in Primetools clearance section at the mo:

Get a chubby! -

&c &c…

3 Likes

35kgs and nowhere to grip and no-one around to hold the box down while I lift it out.

I really dont want to destroy the boxes, just in case.

Ffs

Why not tip the box on its side and then tilt to get it to slide out?

Im going to have to, really not keen on the idea.

Can you tilt it enough to slit the bottom tape and open the bottom flaps (might take more than one tilt obvsly) ? Then you could lift the box off the item.

Nice! Having madly delved back into caterham maintenance, I’ve been adding to my tool collection rapidly!

I did just get a set of angled head ratcheting spanners though :slight_smile:

But that torque wrench looks good

'Kin stupid packaging, flakes of polystyrene all over the garage.

Awesome tool though, induction motor is quiet enough to talk over. Quite spendy compared to the alternatives, but having heard how loud they were decided to invest in something decent.
Built like a tank.

7 Likes

I like Erbauer stuff so I have a new angle grinder, heat gun and a torch arriving tomorrow. 10% off deal from Screwfix :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Made good some screwdriver deficits:

And, psychologically, some other deficits:

Sigh…

2 Likes

I need to fit ten doors and half a dozen drawer fronts to my stepdaughters kitchen. Unfortunately all the old doors have long been skipped so I can’t get a truly accurate measure on the hole centres required. I’m buying them without pre drilled hinge holes, intending to buy one of these and will measure each as I go. Anyone used one of these before and is it any good? Or any other recommendations that aren’t too spendy?

1 Like

If only there was an expert on hinges amongst the membership :grinning:

@kernow ???

In all seriousness, I’m not sure who you are referring to so hopefully they will chip in with some advice. Don’t want her to spend a grand on doors then make a mess of it.

Bit late for them now, but will no doubt be here in the morning,
Although of course it may well not be the right type of hinge :grinning:

1 Like

I fear the original battle may predate the fat finger apocalypse but here’s a folk memory reference to it from the dark ages. Not your kind of hinges, although @J_B might know about them too.

2 Likes

I just got one of them.
Got it out by turning the box upside down with the flaps out of the way.
Satisfactory so far except the smallest diameter sleeve delaminated first tryout.
Can be used pretty accurately if you adjust the 90 degrees to be spot on.
Very nice piece of kit, I got the 30cm sander too. Which is accurate, fast and quiet too.
Both can be hooked up to dust extraction, but annoyingly use different hose diameters.