Tools you have bought/desire

That was 5ish yrs ago…

:hushed: Shit, my bad, I’ve really not kept in touch/or had a bake off!

Anyway, love the workshops on here, great to have tinkering space!

No time like the present Rob! :smiley:

After a load of head scratching and measuring, I’ve discovered that not only does my garage floor slope backwards, it drops to the right as well.
This is going to be a right bugger to sort out.

Once you have positioned the bench, pack up the feet until it’s level. Then using a pencil on a small block of wood scribe a line around each leg and cut them off to that line. The bench should then sit perfectly.

4 Likes

That’s the proper way to do it, but if I ever alter the layout of the garage or move house then I’m back to square one. I’m probs going to screws shims into feet and try to forget about it, I’ve got loads of 6mm ply to make some.
The novelty of moving the top around is wearing off, want it finished now so I can move on with my life.

A garage floor should fall towards the door in case of petrol spillage :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Could have done with knowing that a few days ago.

Maybe some heavy duty adjustable feet,though i don’t know what load they would take with threaded inserts.

have been looking at these

I’ll prob just stick to shims though.

3 Likes

That’s right. It took me a while to see why my son’s new house didn’t have a step into the garage.

Gave up leveling it, life is too short. Ordered the feet from Axminster.
The garage floor is an uneven mess.

1 Like

Lovely, I like a bit of bench making, nothing quite beats it.

1 Like

Other than the traditional method, feet are really the only alternative answer.

1 Like

I finally took the plunge and bought a new combo drill
Additionally - My workshop is coming along and today I added a toolboard

8 Likes

Regarding some previous posts about Japanese saws. With my woodworking skills the are a serious danger but I found this advert yesterday in the Times.

3 x saws £69.95

rutlands.co.uk

2 Likes

They are really good value.

Extra points for the Yorkshire Tea on display :+1:

Just saved £30 per month on my mobile bill by going SIM-only, so decided to blow the first couple of months saving on a set of Facom combination spanners. :rofl:

Arrived today and OMG they’re gorgeous. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes