Tools you have bought/desire

Bargain!!!

4 Likes

Amazon have Mitutoyo calipers at a good price, so bought myself an early Christmas present.

3 Likes

Nice one. We used to use a lot of Mitutoyo calipers at work, they always lasted well and were invariably found to be accurate when they were calibrated.

2 Likes

Most of the measuring stuff we use at work is Mitutoyo,best made stuff we use.

I have a Moore & Wright one at home,feels a bit mickey mouse though.

Me too :grin:

Old school, no digital readout

2 Likes

Why not proper mitutoyo verniers they are 1/2 the price of those digital abominations
I have mitutoyo verniers

I have a decent larger set (Etalon) already. I wanted (a) a smaller set and (b) a set with a readout for convenience.

Use these ones which are very good

2 Likes

Could be worse. You could be getting excited about a cartridge. :grinning:

1 Like

Meh, I mostly use a phone. The Ltd sits on the shelf. :rofl:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll look after that for you, keep it exercised, ensure it doesnā€™t seize up through lack of use :+1:

Lol. Mineā€™s been wallowing in its box for over 2 years now :grinning:

Can I ask why people buy these moderately expensive baubles and then never use them ?

In my case, the whole system is in storage. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t want to play it, I canā€™t.

Ah, I guess thatā€™s because youā€™re still building the room around it ?

Nearly. The hifi occupies 90% of the spare bedroom on the mezzanine. Iā€™ve just had the 3 heaters delivered for the music room, so if I can get them running and the new lighting up, I can work on it through the winter.

6 Likes

And all things considered that is how important it is.

Every now and again itā€™s just great to hear music no matter the tech

Tonight Iā€™m enjoying the hi

It would be finished now, but the complications with Louā€™s health situation means that Iā€™ve had a lot more on my plate than I expected. I do need to make a serious effort to finish it by the spring though, even if it means working into the night.

2 Likes

Past 1pm?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the truth of it

No matter how big or small.

1 Like