Tools you have bought/desire

Wood turner types, not right in the head if you ask me.

ahem…

Ah, that “makes sense” as much as the wood turning types ever do.

I recall my father being very clear on the subject of how to sharpen chisels, and it was definitely not to do that with them!

Finally purchased some whetstones. Nothing fancy at all, just the cheap BearMoo ones you can get on Amazon (my brother who is a chef has a set). Finally got down to a serious sharpening session on my nicest knife, and it’s back to being really quite sharp again. Pretty sure with some practice I’ll be able to get things sharper still, but it’s been a fabulous first starting point.

6 Likes

I have a BearMoo 3000/5000 one, it seems fine.

Yeah, it would be nice perhaps to have longer ones, but for the money it’s hard to argue.

I’ve bought the 400/1000 and the 3000/8000 ones

Oh, it might be the 3000/8000 I have. I already had a Japanese 240/1000

Buying the wetstones is the easy part - learning the technique to get a great edge on your blades is far more difficult.
…just saying…:smiley:

2 Likes

Captain Google’s been upgraded to captain obvious. :grimacing:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: Whinge, moan, the needle’s stuck…

1 Like

VTA must be out then? or maybe you got a warped platter

Yeah, but which one’s warped?

1 Like

Just ordered these

Bahco 9770 BE-9770 1.5 - 10mm Hex Key Set https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002SHPOZO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_G57PCbKDJSBK1

5 Likes

I have a set of these but now missing 4mm and 5mm as a person who picked up a bed from me somehow snaffled them.

bad luck, they are the best ones.

Stahlwille cutter and pliers for good prices:

And Lindstrom flush cutters:

1 Like

Halder hammer:

Cheers Pete. I’ve been waiting for a pair of flush cutters to show up at a reasonable price. They’re for my niece who’s a self-employed milliner, among other things. Some of her pieces involve fine wire-work and while her ‘ordinary’ cutters work OK I reckon a pair of these ought to allow her to manage the wire ends more tidily.

VB

2 Likes

They are now £58