Wanted - Decent Cassette deck

I don’t think I’ve heard one deliberately.

The old codecs might sound ok at high bitrates. Lossless is often only 600-odd, so it might work. Won’t be as good as 320 MP3, I’m sure.

In my case I got it in 2005 or so for £130, and effectively used it as a seriously good standard rate A-D.

1 Like

I used to own a posh MD player, the DAC section was very good :+1:

This is the one you needed. :grinning:

1 Like

looks like someone recycled an old record storage box and stuck a ham radio in it :grimacing:

Prototype Steepletone.

Don’t mess about, search for a Panasonic RS296US.

Why settle for less?

9 Likes

Excellent sound quality demo here…

Not at all a shonky piece of shite:

1 Like

It’s happening everywhere -

Seriously? £189? I’ve got one of those somewhere. Must dig out my Nak and cassettes when I get home.

I moved from a WM D9 to a Sony DAT for gig recording but never really got results I was happy with from the DAT so went back to the Walkman. The M-Audio Microtrack was the first digital recorder I was happy with. Not having to play the tape or DAT to the HDD before tracking and FLACing was a marvellous thing.

I used to do the same with my ‘Waltham’ :laughing:

I remember buying a Nakamichi BX300, sometime after DCC came out, to make some kind of point. I’m not sure I ever played more than half a dozen cassettes on it. It was a stupid idea and I sold it for fuck all a few years later when nobody wanted one.

Pffft !

I have an original Nak 1000 tri tracer kicking around with the feely front.

One day.

http://www.audioscope.net/nakamichi-1000-zxl-limited-p-2406.html?ref=3

Jezus, this is even worse than there r2r tardery.

4 Likes

I am not a lover of compact cassette, but you have to admire some of the mechanical stuff that has been produced. And at least there is more than 1960/70s MoR shite on the format.