Wanted: Turntable upgrade

It has to have a fluted plinth though, otherwise its shit.

1 Like

ugh.

lol, you not like them then Mark?

amazon-PICT_Modell1-Totale_Bb :grin:

4 Likes

Seems like a reasonable price, never heard one but the bearing/mag combo looks interesting

3 Likes

Always loved the look of those. Again, never heard one but that wouldn’t stop me if I had the money.

Lovely turntable. Sadly it’s too big for my rack.

1 Like

Do tell :smiley:

A forum member has one of those.
I have heard it quite few times.
Sounds very good and certainly gets noticed!

The Verdier La Platine is a very good turntable, I’ve heard it several times.

However, I wouldn’t touch that monstrosity with a bargepole.

Why do people do all of that shit to perfectly good record players?

1 Like

To upgrade! :joy:

Lol good shout Mark.

Thought @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion ’s sounded quite nice when I heard it a few years back :man_shrugging:t3:

Even my records sounded good on it :+1:

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Cool story bro.

Okay I’ve changed my mind, scratch that suggestion.

1 Like

It was Sam’s. There was a huge issue with Mr. Palmer himself doing a midnight flit and leaving owners to go fuck themselves, but a more together chap in the 'States bought-out all the rights, and spares/servicing is now available reliably.

Soundwise, it’s a decent deck, but I prefer the Pro-ject Xtension - much more immune to external influences, and a fraction of the price … just minus one-million brag factor…

4 Likes

Palmer might be a good TT but didn’t that twat order a load of plinths from Russ Collinson and then not pay him.

Personally I wouldn’t buy anything of his.

2 Likes

Thought it was just Russ he screwed over, didn’t realise it was customers as well.

Hadn’t heard that particular anecdote, but it’s certainly his M.O. He wasn’t actually involved in the business any more last time I checked…