What albums have you bought lately?

I’ve bought quite a lot in the last couple of days, but out of all of it:

I love this daft title and cover.

And a couple of weeks ago I was shocked to find that I don’t have @Kevin’s perennial of Red Guitars’ Good Technology, but a poke around on Discogs showed it’s on this fun compilation

which turned up while I was away.

Really pleased I still have 12" single of that. The main riff instantly takes me back to a flat I shared between 86 and 89 where you would make a cuppa in the morning, walk into the lounge and have no idea who might be asleep there.

Apparantly some lines were cut from the song to make it fit a 3 minute pop song including

“we got chemicals make you believe in God, we got politics that are very odd”.

Little did they know!

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

Bargain first press

5 Likes

Fond memories of listening to this at uni on budget kit

Charlie says … BASS

complete silence

3 Likes

Leamington’s chazzers play differently. I can see the Ligeti turning into a real bakeoff favourite.

1 Like

Hadn’t realised that this came out last year. 3 CD set including remasters and unused sessions - the LP set is £150 upwards. Includes unreleased tracks and remasters. The livestream that came out with it, a 20-years-on reworking from a beautifully located studio, is well worth a watch/listen (Come Away With Me 20th Anniversary Livestream - YouTube)

2 Likes

Both volumes for £25 - cracking albums :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for that one, played mine through yesterday, well worth a listen, I have become modern Jazz.

1 Like

Arrived today :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Ordered :+1:

1 Like

3 Likes

FWIW the Bandcamp download is 24/44.1

1 Like

Flowing the Lopwell apearance i bought an older 33 repress of this but airways fancied one of the newer represses.

Et voila!

This is the AP 45rpm 180g 2 record set. All 4 sides are used with the recording limited to the outer 50mm of the records, a good decision. Its a superb recording even if you do have to get up a couple more times to hear it all. If i had a R2R I’d make a copy and listen to that.

It was from ebay, a German business, £150 landed. I was expecting to pay vat and PO collection fee, but no need. The business was obviously registered for VAT and it must have been paid at source. Cheapier than any UK business, this seller will get a few more orders from me yet.

They’re is an AP 33 available for 120 and a MoFi 33 UHQR for 220.

3 Likes

Burn it to a CD or a HDD, it’ll sound better. :sunglasses:

It’ll sound like the MoFi more like :rofl:

Just rocked up on a back order I’d forgotten about, which is nice.

4 Likes

DSD. But then you have to play it through a DSD DAC :grinning:

1 Like