What albums have you bought lately?

Do you alter your cartridge alignment (solely for that record) to get the optimum benefit of it?

:joy:

2 Likes

I bought a copy of that when it came out for about £50 iirc. It is a great pressing of a sublime recording :ok_hand:

And yes I have made a tape copy 2T at 15ips and tbh either version blows visitors away if they’ve never heard dynamics like it.

There is also a ridonk commercial tape edition for much dollar.

1 Like

I was looking at that yesterday Bob any good ?

I’ll let you know tomorrow when I’ve played it.

:+1:

I wish they were still that price, even uk business sellers have it new at 180!

Couldn’t resist, played one side through. James Brown vocals over Once In My Life to a pure swing beat, worth it for that alone. Its a good recording and press, buy with confidence.

1 Like

I hadn’t seen this one before and was intrigued by the orchestration - heading to juno now :+1:

1 Like

The various internet vendors all seem to have two releases of The Cosmic Jokers’ work - a slightly mashed up CD resolution version, and a German release in 24/44.1 filed under “Cosmic Jokers” without the “the”.

Given that each album consists of just two tracks (i.e. two sides of an LP) I was pleased to find one provider that just charged on the basis of two “singles” rather than an LP, so £5.56 for both albums in 24/44.1 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That featured on yesterdays freak zone as they were doing a tribute to Manuel Gottsching who died in December.

1 Like

That’s exactly where I got the tip from.

I was grooving away and then it was “Krautrock supergroup” “Klaus Schulze”. Sold!

1 Like

Many, many thanks to Mike @MJ2. No thanks whatsoever to Allan @spacehopper :laughing:

3 Likes

Pre-ordered! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

2 Likes

You’re welcome :grinning:

1 Like

I found a version with a slightly different barcode on Discogs that didn’t cost a king’s ransom. Still, :angry: .

1 Like

You could have borrowed mine :grinning:

1 Like

I decided to have a fuck off splurge with the money from my birthday and extra works hours from xmas so I will be boring the fuck out of you lot in the WAYLT thread :ok_hand:

11 Likes

It’s a jazzmageddon (I think!) :fire:

2 Likes

Except for the Alice Clark I’d say it was a jazzgasm :grinning:

2 Likes

Excellent work

1 Like