What I'm watching (Series 2)

Never saw that but had good reviews. Came out just after The Remains of the Day which I was transfixed by.

1 Like

I like it. The CS Lewis he plays isn’t the same character as the butler in Remains of the Day & there are some useful life lessons in it.

2 Likes

I’ve been binge watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Three or four episodes a night and but for the incursion into the early hours of the morning could quite easily be watching more episodes in one sitting. A riveting watch, rarely has a film/series held my attention and enthusiasm. I shall be sorry when I’ve watched all episodes, which may be tonight :sleepy:

2 Likes

never bothered with that, may give it a go now.

I really liked it not only because it gives a view of the confusing place this was in 800-900AD. Saxons, Mercians, Danes scrabbling for territory in what wasn’t a country then but also because it lacked dragons.

2 Likes

Also not a huge fan but I highly recommend his autobiography. It covers a lot of stuff that isn’t in TV doc.

Dave Grohl’s ‘Storyteller’ is also an entertaining read

2 Likes

Just been to see this , it’s very good.

1 Like

Quarry, Sky Atlantic. A marine returning from Vietnam struggles to cope and gets dragged down into a circle of crime, set against the backdrop of 1970s racial tensions in Memphis. A good watch.

Her Dictatorship has gone out for the evening.

Get it up ye.

13 Likes

1 Like

17 Likes

White Noise (Netflix)

Based on a Don De Lillo novel, set in the 80’s & somewhat prescient regarding natural disasters like Covid, the climate crisis & also dubious sources of too much information (pre internet) this is dark & pretty funny (some tremendous dialogue, I guess lifted straight from the novel) albeit maybe 15 minutes too long. But certainly worth a look.

A good explanation but watch the film first.

4 Likes

Tonight 11pm

2 Likes

Recording it mate. Not quite sure if I’ve seen it before but even if I have I’ll watch it again.

1 Like

A bit later at midnight tonight, through to Midnight next Friday, Sky Arts are doing the Six Wives of Rick Wakeman :slight_smile:

1 Like

When are they doing the other five?

2 Likes

:+1:

watched the start and thought the broadcast was fucked as it has just been looping the same notes over and over for the last 3 minutes.

You need to watch it while following the score, that is the first two bars

Just watched it,thought I’d seen it before.
Painful at times,but also uplifting

Here if anyone fancies a watch.

2 Likes