What I'm watching (Series 2)

Watching it on BBC4 now. Fascinating.

1 Like

It’s good, isn’t it.
Sad to say I’d never heard of her before this

It’s quite a sad tale really particularly the child she missed out on. I’ve a few Chris Barber records she sings on (and always assumed she was some talented black session singer until I saw a picture. Was pleased to find a signed album of hers in a 2nd hand place over Xmas.

3 Likes

She was quite versatile. Her LP on Marmalade is very collectable these days

1 Like

I ended up enjoying that,. Suspend belief for the first 20 minutes, accept the transit van and arches lock up (all Brit cop films must have this) and roll with it.

Tees up a new franchise or series.

Had some good moments and I really liked the original Luther series but Andy Serkis is a dire actor

Do hope they make more though

1 Like

:sob:

1 Like

In an attempt to forget the rugby, I have had this recorded for a while

6 Likes

I wass quite impressed by that, they did a good job.
Dune 2 is apparantly due for release in November this year.

Luther on Netflix last night…

1 Like
8 Likes

Enjoyed that, a bit of a first for me, I have actually seen something that has been posted!

1 Like

Cuntryfile on Dartmoor tonight much of it around Haytor where your intrepid reporter was earlier in the week.

6 Likes

Complement to 1917 from the German side.

Brutal.

5 Likes

It probably should win Best Film tonight but I’m not sure it will.

1 Like

Found that interesting to watch. Shame the park authority didn’t ban the right to camp in certain areas a long time ago. They did similar around Loch Lomand to great success. The fuck nuggets who camp out to get pissed, start fires, leave shit and tents behind are a pita.

Maybe if the apeal is succesful some wiser heads can get together and resolve some of the issues.

1 Like

The latest season of You. Surprisingly good and a bit different to previous seasons… Or so I thought until the end when they ruined it. Won’t say any more.

1 Like

Chrysalis Records and the BFI are pleased to announce cinematic screenings of the newly restored 2Tone film “Dance Craze”.

In partnership with Picturehouse Cinemas, we are pleased to announce one night screenings on Thursday 23rd March 2023 a cinemas across the UK. Click here to find a screening near you: Film Information | Picturehouse Cinemas

Along with this, we are adding more screenings at independent cinemas, click here to see full listings: In cinemas: Dance Craze (1981) | BFI

Restored from the original film elements, this new 4K presentation include a newly created Dolby AtmosÂŽ surround sound mix, overseen by Jerry Dammers, the original stereo and 5.1 surround mixes along with bonus footage and booklet, will be available as a blu-ray / DVD package from Monday 27th March.

The Deluxe Edition 3LP Vinyl and 3CD box sets featuring the full film soundtrack are released on Friday 24th March, pre-order here: Various Artists - Dance Craze (Deluxe Edition)

4 Likes

Thank you for the tip.

I WhatsApped the MiL because I thought she would find it interesting.

Northern Irish society being what it is, I just got back “Oh yes, she went to art college with [MiL’s sister] and had a house in [village where MiL lived] for a while”.

6 Likes