What I'm watching (Series 2)

Lola Rennt.

It’s a very long time since I’ve seen this.

5 Likes

Knives Out’ . . .

1 Like
1 Like

There seems to be a lot of cop drama series airing at the moment. Too many in my view but I decided to watch Blue Lights which started on BBC last night and really enjoyed it. A promising start.

2 Likes

Season 3.

Consistently 7/10. Sufficient for the hope they renew for S4.

3 Likes

Finally got around to watching this.

Wow.

Very good, but :grimacing: octopus_nope_nope_nope.gif

Which platform, I’ve watched the first two seasons, but can’t remember and can’t find it on either :slightly_frowning_face:

amazon prime

1 Like

3 isn’t on there yet. Ymovies or similar has it.

1 Like

This might be interesting. I’m ambivalent about Wes Anderson. I think his attempts to produce European style ‘art house’ films tend to fall flat. But this doesn’t seem to be trying that trick.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed Moonrise Kingdom , Fantastic Mr Fox and The Grand Budapest Hotel , some of the others I just found a a bit meh.

(Yes I know the original is better but haven’t watched this one in years)

John Wick 4. I’d never previously seen a John Wick film so didn’t really know what to expect. I thought, no doubt there’ll be a few killings, so I’ll keep a tally. Not a chance. I gather he actually dispatches 140 over the course of nearly 3 hours. One or two amusing moments and villains but I can’t honestly say I’ll be rushing to see what happened in the first 3 films.

1 Like

Appreciate the producers of the John Wick Films. They seem to grasp that Keanu can’t deliver a line so they keep the talking down to a minimum. The singular sheet of loo roll in a tumultuous shit cloud.

2 Likes

Indeed, there are less wooden park benches.

1 Like

It’s the human element that is totally lacking in his performance. To counter this JW’s 4 film murderous rampage, you may be pleased to note, is due to a man killing his dog…I shit you not.

2 Likes

His dog affinity probably prevents him from getting whacked by one particular character in this film.

In one sequence in Paris he gets hit by vehicles 6 times in the space of about 5 minutes. Remarkable powers of recovery.

It’s not real you know. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

The first was quite a good film, the rest are utter shite and just a cashcow.

1 Like