What I'm watching (Series 2)

It’s easy to tell. The traffic moving round the Arc de Triomphe is far tamer and more predictable than it ever is in reality.

4 Likes

I think quite good is a bit of stretch but at least you could watch it without punching yourself in the face in despair at the downfall of Hollywood. The rest of them are absolute dogshite.

I liked them all, they are action films, express your inner Keanu.

3 Likes

I fucking love the John Wick films. To enjoy them, you need a complete mind change - it’s basically murder ballet, beautifully choreographed.

2 Likes

Like a lobotomy?

1 Like

Finally got around to

Effing brilliant, 10/10, you don’t particularly have to be into the genre.

Free on Amazon at the moment.

2 Likes

8 Likes

blue-velvet-dennis-hopper

Terrifying character

3 Likes

On puppy duty until 1am so watching now.

Loved it, and looking forward to chatting about it with my Finnish mate.

2 Likes

He was not long out of rehab when he begged David Lynch to cast him in the part. :grinning:

2 Likes

I lost count of how many times he said fuck (or variations there of), I think it was a lot.

Many many years since I’d seen it last time, well over 20, still has the same impact.

Bacharach tribute from Ronnie Scott’s on BBC2. Really nice jazz arrangements of Burt’s finest tunes. Worth catching on iPlayer if you’ve missed it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Ruse de guerrre thing

Saturday night film. Some laughs. Some shit. Some fun.

1 Like

Archaelogy, A Secret History with Richard Miles.

A fascinating look at the history of archeology and how it is informed by the politics, scientific and religion norms of those undertaking it.

I never knew that there was a movement in the early 20th Cent looking for evidence of pre history civilisations that had no class system, a theory driven by the works of Marx. The Childe excavation of Skara Brae being an example. The Nazi search for their perfect ancestors (Atlantis) being more well known. Perhaps less so the impact of feminism on understanding the role of women in ancient history.

I’m hoping that Richard Miles is held in some esteem by his peers, his tv output to date has been educational and entertaining, recommended.

1 Like

Latest series Fauda

1 Like

Watched this today - It was a little disappointing but doable

Really interesting following the trail from the Brinks Mat robbery and what the money ended up actually doing.

1 Like

Light & Magic on Disney+ as recommended by @Spider

Great Documentary about ILM Industrial Light & Magic, the characters involved, techniques used and the films.

Recommended :+1:

1 Like

Well worth listening to this podcast about John Palmer.