What I'm watching (Series 2)

I think we’re doing this one tonight.

I have no idea how many times I’ve read the book, or seen this version of the movie.

4 Likes

Also obligatory pug

I accidentally ordered a ticket for a nice morning showing on the first day of Dune. The unlimited showing will be packed, fuck that!

1 Like

I love that film - it has many flaws but it also gets a lot right and there is also some superb casting and amazing sets.

I’ve been working my way through the six books again - it’s an extraordinary saga (although book four is hard going).

1 Like

It’s dated terribly.
The exposition is awful.

It’s rubbish. But it is Lynch. Which means it’s a little bit worth it. I loved it as a kid but now it’s more of a curiosity.

Can’t wait for the new one.

I’ve just watched Infinite (Prime).
Dreadful film. Not sure there is anything to redeem it. Just dull.

If you got past the ten minute marker you deserve a medal, it’s awful.

Just a heads up, there’s an equally awful one as a vehicle for Depps daughter, also starring Colin Farrell. Voyagers, anything past five minutes on this one would be ultimate sacrifice level.

1 Like

I read the first 3 in the 70s.
Book 4 was slated when it came out and I never bothered.

I’ve read Dune countless times as it’s probably my favourite book but I did read the whole series when I was a sprog.

It was a bit too much for my feeble brain at the time obviously as I don’t remember a lot of the story as I’ve been re-reading them.

Back to Life season 2 - bit of a disappointment after the first one which I thought was great.
Saw the new James Bond last night - I thought it started very well, great plot, but the ending was quite weak and didn’t love the villain, as others have said.

Also saw Parasite - which I thought was a good film but don’t quite get what all the fuss was about (like it’s not the Best Film Ever).

Add Portals to that list, started watching that on Sky movies and it’s just fucking awful.

Couldn’t even watch the end of the trailer👍

Exactly the same for me. I don’t really remember much about any of the other books though, except a vague recollection that I enjoyed the third book more than the second.

Just started on Chapter House Dune - the last one today. Book five, Heretics Of Dune, is excellent and probaby now second only to Dune itself for enjoyment.

The main problem with book four is it’s far too long. If he had kept it to the length of book two then it would be such a struggle to read.

The other problem is that if you want to read the whole series then you need to read book four as it’s set thousands of years after book three and sets up the story for remaining books in the series.

The 4th is God Emperor isn’t it? I found it rather hard going but immense in scope. Certainly I found the ones after that, which were written after a long gap, my favourites overall.

I might reread them all now, been years…

1 Like

Looking forward to this becoming available to someone living on an island off Norway

4 Likes

I’m assuming you’ve seen that VH1 documentary on the making of Damn the Torpedoes?

Yes thanks

:+1:

Oooh you’ve made my day.

Just finished Squid Game - pretty good I thought. Now on to Clickbait, which is a bit trashy after 2 episodes.

1 Like

Squid game is brutal, and great telly, but I saw the ending coming very early on.

The click bait thing is cheap telly and the ending is one twist too far.