Who's going to Scalford?

Well given that very few regulars on here are willing to exhibit this year it won’t be a problem matching them with the spreadsheet :slight_smile:

This^^^^ Very much this.

They were my JBL 4312’s, lucky that the JBL bass units are pretty bullet proof. The weedy Snell E’s would have bitten the dust for sure.

A lot of the comments are negative but surely the reason why some regulars are missing this year is because you have some reason for not wanting to be part of it anymore, so I thought instead of assumptions it would be good to clear the air and get it out in the open.

I registered yesterday and asked admin if it was okay for me to do this but have had no reply. My intention is not to promote the show but to answer any griefs. Big shame all the stuff has happened before me but I can’t help that. Changes have been done to try and make it better and TBH the show is about a gathering of great systems and people, not which forum is good, bad or ugly.

Peter (not catfood Pete BTW) :slight_smile:

I still prefer Lesley Judd.:roll_eyes:

Maybe his mind was on other things - see this post in the Slaughterhouse thread

VB

That’ll be why then. Ouch!

Peter

We have done our best to make this site as different from yours as possible. For no other reason than yours doesn’t give us what we want anymore. Many things have happened which you may or may not be aware of BUT while it is rooted in a rebellion (of sorts) we remain an independent forum with a very different profile.

Your input is welcome (to a point) but I believe that any discussion about the shows merits, or otherwise, should be conducted on the WW. Not here.

18 Likes

I’ve not received any messages asking about this…

Fully understood. My aim was to try and clarify not promote.

I see a massive split across all forums, they have their differences and styles but it is doing no favours to the industry. What happened with the split between AA and the Wam was before my time and my only interest is to make sure everyone, across all forums understands that, if it was possible we should all just bury the hatchet and get on with promoting the hobby rather than taking pieces out of each other.

My post yesterday:
Hi,

As there has been a lot of negativity and speculation about what’s happening at HIFIWIGWAM I wanted to have an opportunity to discuss it directly.

If admin does not want me to post here then I understand but wanted to get permission first out of professional courtesy.

Thanks
Peter

This, simply this. End of.

Yes. We can only hope that it is.

Anybody taking lumps out of other forums (especially yours) is given short shrift. Any arguments our members may have with other forums are for those members to take back to those other forums. We do not tolerate nor condone bitching about stuff we have no control over.
This thread was started in good will so that members here who had lost touch with others could arrange meet ups.
Anything else, criticism or otherwise, will be jumped on.

For the record, I don’t believe that we have any part in dividing the HiFi community.

I’m sure you can appreciate that there is no future in “he said, she said” style bitching about a third party who was a former friend.

Let’s leave it at that please and get on with our lives with respect, if not admiration for, others.

4 Likes

Of course and I respect your honesty. If you do come to Scalford I will be happy to have a beer with you. All the best. Peter

Ozz Expat in diplomacy shocker. :slight_smile:

Whodathunkit.

1 Like

Shit ! I try to never bring work home with me :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

The existence of the different fora is primarily due to (1) schisms and (2) flounces. While I would be quite happy for the whole world to be one big happy family (metaphorically speaking), people don’t seem to work that way. Personally I thought that it was good that the Art of Sound came to the first Scalford, but it didn’t seem to help cross forum relations.

The best thing is just to let people be where they want to be.

And @HFWW you could easily ascertain the people who have exhibited at most Scalfords before and aren’t this time, and ask them why not. I would have thought that a direct PM on the Wam would be the best way though, rather than posting in here.

He’s a loss to the diplomatic core.

Or has had practice barring people from getting in…

http://www.phoenixnightsfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/max.jpg

1 Like

Fear not chaps. Normal service will be resumed shortly. 4th pint is starting to kick in :zipper_mouth: