World War 3

Given some of Putin’s views, a repeating selection of the Village People could be effective.

1 Like

Also Absolut etc. etc. Most of the commentators appear to be picking up on their own favourite tipple.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+brands+do+pernod+ricard+own&oq=what+brands+do+per&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i512j0i22i30l12j0i15i22i30.8807j1j9&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up.

1 Like

Fuck them, in case it wasn’t clear :+1:

4 Likes

Taken as implied, but always worth reiterating :+1:

Don’t know if this has been posted before

Austria :lying_face:

Not sure it’s entirely an accurate list, I understand L’Occitane have (had?) shops in full swing in Moscow, apparently run via front companies in order to get around regulation yet they get a green light.

1 Like

I see we’re now in the ISIS phase of the Ukrainian conflict with numerous reports of videos showing Wagner mercenaries beheading living AFU soliders.

And to think the fucking Russians are now the chair of the UN Security Council - utterly sickening.

3 Likes

It’s a fucked-up world, and the west continues to be spineless… Recent security leaks in the US won’t be helping UA morale, either…

Sadly all true.

Just discovered this morning that the key ingredient of a white Negroni, namely Suze liqueur

is also owned by Pernod Ricard.

An unexpected side effect of this awful war might be increased sobriety amongst meatmen!

1 Like

As a dedicated toper, I have been googling substitutes.

Just needs to be bitter and white, really.

Both Luxardo and Cocchi are family-owned.

2 Likes

Like 52% of the electorate.

7 Likes

Actually, I think the Cocchi tip is wrong. I will attempt to doorstep cocktail guru Alice Lascelles somewhere on the internet.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

14 Likes

On the face of it I struggle to work out who is less intelligent - a) the 21 year old member of the ‘intelligence wing’ (OK, of the Airforce National Guard) who thinks it’s OK to use classified material to boost his reputation on some online gaming chat group or b) his employer who’s been trusting a 21 year old ‘gun enthusiast’ keyboard warrior with classified material without keeping half an eye on what he does in his spare time.

Of course it’s possible, I suppose, that there is some double-bluffing going on here and the leaked material has been bled out through this kid by much cleverer and more cynical people in the back rooms, for whatever reasons might suit them. I guess we’ll never know.

1 Like

He’s deffo taking the rap. Poor idiot.

1 Like

Why would a 21 year old Private in what is pretty much the TA have access to TS and SCI information?

The yanks despite all the usual cliches are not that lax when it comes to security and especially so when dealing with TS and above. There is no way an apprentice network engineer would have access to that stuff.

Apparently the security tier for that material has a 6-figure circulation authorisation. With the ANG being Territorials-with-obsolete-wings, I’d guess the materials are not all that sensitive - if they are entirely authentic at-all (as per Graeme’s point).

I suspect the individual in question probably has sympathies with the far right who in turn have a solidly pro-Russian stance.