World War 3

Going by his rambling “USSR” speech he’s completely lost his marbles.

Yet his military are seemingly willing to carry out his orders. I just can’t understand that.

Hopefully the US will block Russia from using the $ and sanction their central banks.

When that happens Putin will cease to be, most of the guys he setup with these companies are still mafia or ex KGB and won’t like losing money because of him.

I suspect he will get a few bottles of perfume for his birthday.

1 Like

The military don’t choose what they do or don’t do, hence the phrase “politicians start the wars and the soldiers fight them”

Terrific. From a Portuguese site.

I guess we’ll see

I wonder whether the SNP still thinks it will get independence on a neutral Scotland outside of NATO and with the submarine base closed down ticket.
I doubt whether the Scottish voters would buy that one now.
If Johnson had any nouse he would be asking Ian Blackford …

About that…,

This is a slightly better statement

I meant that if your spending is inhibited by sanctions then the surplus builds up rapidly.

So Russia takes Ukraine.
The rest of Europe sits back and does nothing to stop them.
Then with no ‘buffer’ state between Russia and NATO countries, NATO goes back to cold war status and embeds troops and resourses in bordering countries Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.
Except we haven’t got the resources to do that anymore

Also it plays into Trump’s hands in the USA as he promised he would bring all the troops home and American blood would not be shed on foreign soil.
As far as Trump voters go there aren’t any borders that America needs to worry about except the one with Mexico.
So Biden who is not as popular in the US as he is here (Because he is not Trump) has to be careful.If this escalates and the US start losing troops the Democrats will lose the next election

Years of relentless cuts to our military really paying off now!

2 Likes

And if there had been no cuts and instead, heavy investment we would be doing what (militarily) exactly?

3 Likes

Indeed.

Still, if someone asks you to lend them a tenner, being broke yourself often results in much simpler conversation.

Yea they have, usual non committal bollocks.

Let’s hope the Russians don’t fuck up at Chernobyl.

1 Like

Nothing, the solutions required too prevent this were largely soft power and we failed to implement then. Even after Salisbury we did next to fuck all.

2 Likes

Quite deliberate and ominous threats from Putin warning off anyone trying to stop or interfere with his invasion. I don’t think anyone is up for that right now.

Again? They just want it for propaganda purposes.

Just glad I visited Chernobyl a few years ago and the rest of Ukraine.

The missle silos I visited always pissed off Russia, most of the other countries leaving let Russia keep the silos active, Ukraine sent the nukes back and it hurt them.
Pretty sure they will be up and running again within a few months.

I was supposed to be going out again soon as the martial art I teach is big out there. Such a shame.
The people I know in and around Kiev are just in full panic mode at the moment. Terrifying

2 Likes