WTD - Proper full range horn system

I imagine that a prospective sale might give Kevin the impetus to get them set up before Christmas. I bet he is already bringing the setting up forward in his mind.

1 Like

Probably best just to tell Kevin that he is holding your bake off.

7 Likes

pretty sure in the pics he sent me ages ago they had bitumen around the horn

Why don’t you say to Kevin that he can set them up in your place, and if you don’t buy them you will allow him to take customers to demo there until he can pick them up again?

2 Likes

TBF he’ll probably be glad to free up the space

That kind of my point. I reckon he could negotiate a fairly big discount once they were actually installed in his home :grin:

1 Like

Jim is far enough from his original stamping grounds to not have to go for what you could term a “Liverpool discount”…

Is that mid arm adjustable as they look very tall

Ok, so what you see is the bass in a scoop, which will do say 40-400, the low mid CD for 400-1600, and there will be an upper mid 1600-8k and a tweeter, is that right? It looked like there might be a sub bass system but I’m guessing not?

You should get that really. To get a sorted front loaded horn system that is well finished, with Kevin support, and Goto drivers, with a crossover done already, has to be worth that money.

Will he take the A Cappella things in part ex?

2 Likes

Didn’t ask. Don’t think he’d offer much anyway. :thinking:

Yep, if they sound as good as I hope they will, and he includes the 15% discount mentioned on his site, I reckon you’re right.

There’s a lot there for the money (Would also save you an eternity) - If it all integrates well. All you would need to do is Duelund the crosover.

2 Likes

Probably melted off back in the summer…

Any use? (Out of my experience zone)

2 Likes

Metallic Jade which is a Porsche colour

That would go well with his… ah wait a minute.

You should do the lottery this week Tristan :smiley:

Kevin’s just emailed to let me know he’s already pulled them out of storage and started to set them up. He says I should be able to go hear them next week. :+1:

Sent pics too! (Not sure what those odd looking things sitting next to them are tho :wink:)

IMG_1238

IMG_1239

22 Likes

Showing the Olympians is good for scale. Those Gotos are some chonky bois!

7 Likes

Great news Jim!

Just shown Hel the pics and her eyes were drawn to ‘those odd looking things’ that you referred to.

‘They look nicer than the ones you bought - why didn’t you buy those instead?’

Err where do I start? :rofl:

5 Likes

1 Like

This is gonna be epic :ok_hand:

1 Like