WTD - Proper full range horn system

You have won the battle, she likes them!

At a major provider of retail finance by the look of it.

2 Likes

They look amazing Jim!
As mentioned before there is a lot of pain to be avoided in a system that is already resolved with a crossover.
You would probably be in a better negotiating position as a cash buyer rather than trading the Acapellas
Despite a few attempts which have been cancelled for one reason or another I have never been in the new dem room, I am quite jealous. Whatever happens a trip to Definitive is always a good day!

3 Likes

Look good Jim.

Worth measuring the height of your ceiling before you go!

5 Likes

Excellent news,what time are we all meeting up in Notts?

3 Likes

Amazing how much smaller they look than the first pic put up at the start of the thread

Vertical stacked ply, hernia is neigh.

5 Likes

Interesting to know where the crossover point is between those bass bins & the large horn.

Annoyingly, I like the look of those, and at the cost of just 3 sets of Dreiklangs, I think they’re rather decent VFM. Not even being sarky.

Save a seat for me on the journey to Notts :+1:

1 Like

They look much better now we see more of them :+1:

1 Like

Will a Norfolk ceiling be a new thing?

3 Likes

He will need to check his Norfolk doors looking at the size of the bass units.

When you’re there make sure you demo them with one of Simon’s Model 5 300B amps :metal: :metal: :metal:

6 Likes

What’s your guess? I’ve gone with 400, which might be low maybe? But don’t conical horns not have quite the same cutoff issues?

Oh they’re not conical!

If the drivers are 15’s then that horn will be 80cm diameter or so. In which case it ought to play down to maybe 180Hz… An exponential horn ought be able to play well down closer to its Fc so it might be possible to crossover at 250 Hz or thereabouts. It’ll be interesting to see the crossover. There’ll be some hefty coils & caps.

That need Duelunding

For your delectation Sir.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Described bottom right area.
Goto prototype system developed on request - 4/24/2010
I designed and fabricated the back loaded bass cabinets,
the high frequency driver stands, the aluminum stand
and wooden cradle for the mid frequency horn, a
high frequency driver alignment guide to ease setup as well
as developing a 4 way passive crossover for the system.
Drivers used are the SG-160, SG-370DX, SG-570, and SG-38WNS.

2 Likes

Clearly different cabinets and woofers so this was just the prototype?

2 Likes