Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

OK just cos it’s you £3000, it’s very very rare.

I can swap you an ultra reliable Whest phono stage, it’s the same as the one you have, so you can run two arms. :laughing:

Lovely offer but I sold the ps.30 and the ps.20 is going to follow very shortly (if it can be fixed)

Not today. Might tomorrow. Probably won’t though.

HMRC website can have one today for not sending out any access code SMS. Public sector hamsters, grrr…

If you can find the appropriate page, you can also get a landline call with the access code.

1 Like

Cheers mate, I have just swapped to the mobile app, which generates a timed 2FA code and works even when there is no network coverage.

1 Like

As an aside, I’m looking forward to getting three text messages at 4am tomorrow morning :confused:

2 Likes

While we’re punching cocks, the jackdaws chucking sticks down the chimney all day, every day, despite Sam and I lighting fires under them, can have one to their nasty avian cloacas :angry:

3 Likes

HMRC really are a spectacularly useless cunch-of-bunts :angry:

Keep at it. Otherwise in due course (summer) their fledgelings will come tumbling down the chimney and make a sooty shitty mess in your living room before you manage to get them out. Otherwise fit pointy mesh covers to the chimney pots. Pigeons will still sit on them and hoot noisily, but at least the jackdaws will find trees for their nests instead.

VB

Yes, yes and yes, and I’d love to - but the whole 3-stories-up-and-me-a-bit-of-a-pussy-about-ladder-strength is “slowing” that task down a tad…

Currently starving a feral street-child down to the right size to go up the chimney to do it :+1:

I’m scared of heights too (not a phobia since phobias are irrational) so I paid a bloke - my friendly neighbourhood tiler. He did it by hauling himself out of one of our Velux windows and scrambling across the tiles. He hung onto the chimney with one hand while he was tightening the giant jubilee clip because it was blowing an absolute bloody gale that day. Top man.

VB

and of course he had a clip board, upon which was a fully completed risk assessment.

Why is he a top man? It would be your home insurance on the line (as his “employer”) if he’d fallen off.

Because he didn’t fall off.

VB

4 Likes

Chimneys should be cleaned annually and aren’t expensive to have done. Most “Sweeps” will be able to fit guards or mesh. If not then they will know someone.

Won’t a chimney sweep do it? Or would it required scaffolds?

couldn’t you do it with a long pole from the ground?

1 Like