Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

I definitely wanted the mesh cones tightly clipped to my chimney pots. It can be pretty windy here at times, and the jackdaws had got used to nesting in one of my chimneys (a disused and sealed one alongside the one that they then used to fall down) and might well have had a go at shoving something lightweight out of their way.

VB

1 Like

Only if he does a really bad job.

1 Like

Chimney is used regularly and was swept last October.

No idea if a sweep could fit such a thing, my guess is probably not, and as Graeme says, security of fixing will be important - even windier here!.

I have actually had a ladder collapse under me (luckily only about 10ā€™ up). I really am a disgustingly fat cuntā€¦ :cold_sweat:

Iā€™d get a chimney sweep. What does everyone else think?

Ask.
Ours does ā€œpot guardsā€ which may be what you need.

4 Likes

Why not borrow a shotgun off a local farmer and take a few pot shots at them?

Probably been done before, but STARFUCKWITS for such expensively wank coffee served to a captive audience at Coventry Station.
Really want to take it back to say how shite it is, but canā€™t be arsed, also Iā€™m annoyingly accepting in an oppressed timid English way.

There I said it. Probably watched too much Mr Robot, but they really are evil arsewipes.

Feel great now.

2 Likes

For such a large chain with such buying power and ability to source great machinery, training and coffee, itā€™s just awful isnā€™t it?

Unfortunately, ranting at staff will never help. Some kind of corporate cockpunch is needed.

Needs a hacker to take down all their outlets for an hour or two.

Audi, for fitting such total shite audio in as standard on cars that cost a bucketload. And if they think Iā€™ll be suckered in by some lifestyle branded wank by B&O, they have another thing coming. Maybe.

I realise this is the cockpunch thread, but TBH theyā€™re a coffee chain whoā€™ve sold you a coffee that you didnā€™t like. If weā€™re compiling a list of ā€˜evil arsewipesā€™ then I think there are going to be quite a few folks above them. (I wish they paid more tax here though.)

VB

1 Like

And yet it is extremely popular :thinking:

Is that really the case, you hire a tradesman to do a job, presumably he is self employed, and responsible for his own risk assessment.

1 Like

Yes it is up to the tradesman to do his own risk assessment, but the Employer must check it is suitable, because as the law is presently, itā€™s the employer who has ultimate responsibility.

:tired_face:Audi, you cunt.

That took a whilešŸ˜˜

Am I his employer ? We could start with the obvious fact that the government, in the form of HMRC, believe he is self-employed, the clue being in the name. If I was his employer wouldnā€™t I also be responsible for his sick pay and holidays and workplace pension and tax and employerā€™s NI contribution ? Itā€™s quite a big deal being someoneā€™s employer.

I think of expert tradesmen more as people I have a contract with i.e. contractors. Sure, if I know about something which might harm them and which they couldnā€™t reasonably be expected to know, like the rotten stair half way up my staircase or the leopard in the loft, and I donā€™t tell them about it, then Iā€™d feel that I was liable for any consequent harm. I would feel the same for any person (member of the public) that I encouraged to go up my stairs and into my loft. In the event of an accident the public liability element of my home insurance might indeed cover the resulting costs.

But when it comes to making an assessment of the particular risk inherent in any roof work then I would expect that if an expert in the field of roof work (my tiler) assured me that the risk was acceptably low then I wouldnā€™t have to shoulder much of the blame if heā€™d got that wrong. Fortunately he was an expert so he didnā€™t get it wrong. The risk was in fact low enough that he came to no harm. I wasnā€™t surprised. Iā€™ve known him a very long time. But all I have to go on really is my belief in his competence.

VB

5 Likes

http://www.ipwfi.co.uk/HomeOwners/ConsumerProtectionSection/HomeownersLegalResponsibilitesUnderCDM2015
Providing its not for business and using more than one contractor you must appoint a designer or principal contractor to pass on your responsibility, if a single contractor your responsibility is passed to them.