Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Surprised she didn’t get away with it after this pearl of an excuse…

When her story began to unravel, she told investigators she had found out her husband had survived and had been living in a cave in Margate, Kent, where he was fed by tourists.

1 Like

Except it isn’t just postage is it?

Yes it is

Given they have 3 weeks, how soon should it have left the state?

Mouser, who are slick but are not spending the earth on logistics, commonly get stuff from their warehouse in Mansfield TX to me in Sth Oxon 4-6 working days after I’ve placed the order online.

VB

Athena civil parking can have a massive kick -Mrs ADPullinger mistyped the car reg when shopping at Lidl and as a result now has a £90 fine Total arsewipes.

1 Like

I love Mouser.

Did she get a printed ticket with the car reg number on it, or is it a camera only job?

She had a charge notice with photo of car entering and leaving Lidl car park.
We have the food receipt for that day so can prove that we were shopping -However i think the T and C’s for entering the car par mean that you have to scan your receipt and type in reg number as you leave.

So we are unsure if we have any redress.

Write to Lidl and tell them it was a genuine error, lay it on thick saying you’re oaps, down to your last hi fi system etc etc :+1:

7 Likes

Repeated cockpunches for Ralph Norman’s carer who clearly should know better than to let somebody so deluded out on their own.

To enforce the fine they’d have to issue a summons in the County Court for breach of contract (which in my experience my family having had about 5 of these they rarely do). My 5 were similar to yours ie a pure technicality. One of the most recent was my 85 yr old mum parking in Aldi and forgetting to display her disabled badge).

I believe they have to prove who the driver was which is nigh on impossible unless you tell them. Given this writing to them is usually unwise / unnecessary.

I’d keep the evidence that it was merely an admin mistake and do nothing. They’ll keep writing to you, you might also have letters from a debt collection agency. Keep ignoring and they usually go away. None of this is enforceable without a Court order.

My mother took my advice and is ignoring the correspondence.

Many thanks - We will do that. They must have data on exactly who it was who was shopping because Claire goes every week and types in her reg number so a frequency shopper in the same car -They also must get a daily list of car reg numbers that are unmatched to shopping receipts. It would be very easy for the enforcement company to run a program to tie in the typeoed numbers that they must get regularly against previous matches then not send out fines -However they prefer the cash and do not care that it is a little unfair. As you say they can’t actually easily prove who was driving the car so cannot send a summons out…

They don’t have 3 weeks, that is how long ebay say it will take to arrive.

The only target they have is for it to arrive at the global shipping depot within 5 days of postage.

I bought 2x headshells from the US at the same time, an orsonic that cost $12 to post by USPS and after 3 days is currently in UK customs plus an arche that cost $30 by ebay global and after 3 days hasn’t even left the same state yet.

Had a similar situation with my wife except she did not even get the ticket, completely missed the machine! Argued her case with the timings from their camera times and the shopping receipt times on the basis that it was obviously a shopping trip to Lidl a genuine mistake not an attempt at free parking. They came back the next day and said the matter was closed which I thought was entirely reasonable. Just write to them with the facts, they seem reasonable.

Also covers import duty and VAT afaik.

No that is separate, VAT and import is calculated when you checkout as duty is calculated on the item value + shipping so for different countries the shipping charge would be different.

$30 was just the postage cost.

Well i have just bought a 6 LP box set from the US through this system.

I bought it on Monday Night, it has been received by the global shipping, is now on it’s way according to the tracker and is due for delivery on 11th April.

My advice would be to contact the store. I got one of the tickets out of the blue for parking in a section of a motorway services car park which was apparently for Ibis hotel customers. I rang the hotel and they cancelled it straightaway, no fuss at all.

Useful info -That may be less stressful way to start it I will give Claire this option. I will ensure that if we appeal se do note fess up the driver