Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Just read that elsewhere. Life in solitary would be about right.

1 Like

Candidate one for a thorough punching to the vitals: graddy recruitment consultants on LinkedIn.

Herewith my tips for your profile photo 

Yes please: shirt or blouse, trousers or skirt, looking directly into the camera

Not your graduation
Really, no caps and gowns
I know it’s a nice photo, but really, no graduation pictures please even if you’re smiling a lot
Not your wedding
Not your sibling’s wedding
Or you doing karaoke at the reception afterwards
No high school prom - your Dad’s bow tie makes you look about 12 (or maybe you are 12)
No selfies in the car - seriously, I can see the seatbelt
No cyber-punk outfits holding a nerf gun

And don’t just send me the pro-forma “I’d like to join your LinkedIn network.”. I bet you would, because it’s full of people who do exactly the same as me. Send me something concrete like “I’ve got this job, paying that amount, and that place” otherwise you’re going straight in the bin.

Edit: I completely forgot the “here are my tits” clubbing wear genre of photo. As interesting as I find your tits, they’re unlikely to get me a job, so I’m afraid they’re a no-no too.

2 Likes

And candidate two is the lummox who looked at my profile, saw that I bill myself as a Java developer and have obviously worked in the City for the last 15 years, and decided that I am obviously going to bite at the “opportunity” of being an Oracle DBA in Croydon.

I don’t know one end of DBAing from the other, you’re wasting my time and your own.

Which might go some way to explaining why you’ve mailed me on August 10th to tell me about this job “with the view to seeing people week beginning the 9TH July”. You fcuking spanner.

And signing off “if you’re looking for either a higher, or lower amount to what is on offer then still get in touch” really puts the icing on the turd. When was the last time someone said to you “the job sounds good, but I want less money”. Jesus wept.

4 Likes

Twats on Facebook can have one.

Bloke at work alerts me to some hi-if being sold on Facebook just round the corner from our workplace. I don’t do Facebook so ask him to pass on my details as I would very much like to turn up at the seller’s house this evening/weekend and give him a nice wad of cash for them.

Sellers response -“Sorry, I only deal with people who have a Facebook profile”

Well, screw you then. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

You will be assimilated

Cock punch to visitors of our reception area who can’t read the two big signs that clearly say.

‘If reception is unattended please pick up the phone and someone will help you’

99.9% of our visitors manage to do this simple task when on the odd occasion someone needs to be away from their desk for 2 seconds.

Instead they march around the building shouting and banging on workshop doors (which are only openable from the inside so they can’t get in and hurt themselves), then resort to ringing their boss (not us, who are here!) who then rings me to ask why his employee is being ignored

Idiots.

2 Likes

Set a fake one up saying you are a mass murder and highly unstable, currently very annoyed with people and just sharpening your axe. Suitable photo off the net of course.

1 Like

if they are rep’s, just tell their boss they are full of shit, and you don’t want to buy a photocopier, paper, phone system, or bog roll.

1 Like

Delivery driver with a lump of steel
for a head :slight_smile:

Airport* bars can have a savage knuckle to the nethers. ÂŁ18.50 for a G&T and a pintđŸș . That’ll teach me for having my first beer in months.

*Did I mention that I’m off on holidays for a while??

4 Likes

Why bother flying to Macclesfield?

Indeed, I didn’t even know that Macclesfield had an airport to fly to.

thats cheap

Are you sure you didn’t ask for a pint of G&T? :thinking:

Need a feckin’ mortgage for a triple. An oligarch might order a pint of G&T and a Muffin, but sadly I have to manage the holiday budget carefully due to the financial depredations of builders and plumbers.

3 Likes

Ouch! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I need a holiday.

2 Likes

We’ve booked up again for Novembre.

Just thought I’d mention it.

I’m going in 4 weeks, god only knows I need it :sleepy:

Honestly
 all that getting up at the crack of lunchtime, drinking tea and fucking off to the builders merchants ‘for materials’ must take its toll.

Fucking builders.

5 Likes

At the wedding, my father in law provided a photo collage of his son, the groom, with photos from his whole life, child to adult. I learnt that this was a thing that he kept updated and displayed in his garage.

He has one for his other son as well, but not for his daughter (my wife). He has one for his only grandson (my son), but not for either of his two granddaughters.

I don’t think I’ve ever come across such an unpleasant example of casual but deeply personal sexism so close to home. It’s almost more shocking that my wife has developed such low expectations of her father that she’s almost completely blasĂ© about it.

Just awful.

I’d start worrying if he started one of his son in law :wink:

3 Likes