Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Glad you’re sorted.

Where’s the betting on this one? my money is on someone from the Eco brigade, either that or O’Leary on a rampage:)

The Minister seemed reticent on the mitigation that has been put in place to allow Gatwick to open again, so that will be armed police/army and/or radio jammers then.

Could be just the bit of kit for me. Mine has just started leaking and goes onto continuous overfill. It’s a top button operated jobby, looks like one of these is just the ticket.

Eco brigade, brexit related maybe, I think it has shown how unprepared they are for such things.

My money is on a chippy nerd who thinks he’s cleverer than everybody else put together.

When caught by traditional grinding police work he will suddenly develop previously undiagnosed Asperger’s.

2 Likes

If it was campaigners trying to make a point then they would have, er, made a point about it. Nothing disappears from public view quite as fast as yesterday’s news. They would have got hugely more coverage yesterday than they will tomorrow. Criminals or a nerd. But the nerd would have needed co-conspirator friends to keep the drone(s) going up and down and the batteries recharged. People like that have no friends.

VB

Just a tickle to my GP, phone appointment 11.45, he rang at 11.18 and I was pre-disposed, so I had to go to surgery to re-arrange prescription.

I’ve now got throat like badgers arse caught from the phlegm filled waiting room …

cockpunch to the idiots who closed all the walk in centres for miles !!! what an utter joke , no wonder the A&E depts are overflowing .who had that bright idea i wonder

just when you need one !!!

4 Likes

Hope nothing too serious.

1 Like

nah just putting out the rubbish and upset the old chest a bit !!! thank God for online pharmacies !

1 Like

@crimsondonkey Some administrator or other. No clinician would do that.

1 Like

yes … don`t think Cd was responsible for this one fortunately !!!

I wonder what the best approach to medicine service delivery actually is. Clearly having loads of walk-in centres is great, but I imagine that they are expensive and you may have precious doctors sitting around if you have too many.

Personally I think that the idea of having many small doctor’s surgeries is absurd. St Albans has quite a number; the one I go to is quite large, maybe 10 doctors, but there are two similar sized ones within 200m. If they consolidated then they could probably manage their booking system to generate enough flex to justify a walk-in centre during normal hours.

I wonder if research has been done on this. Although even if it had, I doubt much would be done about it.

Drones natch.

1 Like

My local GP practice is a large one and the booking system is a bloody nightmare. It was much better in the small GP practice I had at my previous house.

Now I have to ring up at 08:00 on the dot, mostly the lines are busy and you keep on trying (probably for 15 - 20 minutes) and then finally you get into the queue and then 5 minutes later you actually get to speak to somebody. The line closes at 8:30, you can only do it via the phone, they open the surgery at 8:30 and you can not book an appointment at reception.

Should you get an appointment, it is 3 - 4 days later.

Drop in centres, hmmm now there is a good idea, actually getting access when you are FUCKING ill.

So, if I want access on the day, either the emergency clinic at the GPs (you get fielded by the reception as to what they think is an emergency), or you fuck off to A&E (which is what I do).

All these therories about what people want by administrators is shite.

Punch to the white-clad nads of those Materchef types who say things like “the kimchi-glazed tenderloin of beef eats well”.
It’s long past eating, you amphetamine-soaked fool!

1 Like

All food critics can have one right in the umami.

3 Likes

Heh heh, not me I’m afraid on this occasion!

Not in my experience, and I could list very many examples to the contrary.

Anyway, the missing facts are which WICs have been shut, and for what reason - staff, infection control, money, etc etc. - it would be good to know that before jumping to conclusions.

When the government and DH was actually bothered about access quality and targets they did the usual thing of throwing money at it even though they knew there were structural inefficiencies built into this approach. A&E’s needed to hit 95% n 4 hours and rather than sorting out the root causes of lower performance they decided it was a capacity and an access problem. So money was thrown at GPs to stay open later, and WIC’s/ Urgent Care Centres, Minor Injuries Units etc were established at great cost.

Did they contribute to improving performance at A&E by taking pressure off them - a bit, a very little bit. What really happened is that pent up demand that wasn’t getting seen in Primary Care by GPs, was now landing in these new units and doing lots of GP work (which of course we’re already paying for once). And of course you’re then paying expensive cover costs in two or more locations which reduces clinical efficiency even further.

The other point @AmDismal makes about GPs joining their resources together is another frustration. Its labelled GP Federation in NHS speak, but tbh the current policy is like herding cats, as they are all private businesses so the NHS cannot constitutionally command them to join up, and besides every practice partner has gotten used to holding their hand out and money being stuffed in their accounts to do anything to make up the inefficiency in which General Practice operates. If you don’t pay them then they fold their arms and won’t do what it is you want - its very much learned behaviour.

Dunno which ‘theories’ you’re referring to, but current policy is grossly ineffective, compounded by chronic underfunding.

As far as ‘administrators’ are concerned, if you think clinicians will intrinsically do a better job then I need to remind you that commissioning is currently led by GPs, and yeah, that’s going really well.

2 Likes

Still, better than your butchers though :laughing:

8 Likes

Ours is 2 surgeries (Watlington and Chalgrove) with 8 Drs, 3 Nurses and a plethora of po-faced, grumpy cunt admin staff.
Thankfully we have an on-line booking/prescription renewal service and an automated check in system. I don’t need to talk to the pompous shitbag behind the desk.

A lot of them definitely warrant it, but there are definitely a few exceptions who are worth having about. I’ve a soft spot for Jay Raynor, and the now departed Jonathan Gould in LA was an absolute legend.

AA Gill was a good reviewer, even if he seemed to be a bit of an arsehole otherwise.