Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Cockpunch to you for believing what the dealer told you :laughing:

5 Likes

Oldest story in the book.

Cancer, the cunt.

My brother has been fighting Prostate cancer for over a decade now. He recently had high intensity radiotherapy and heā€™s just had a PSA test. The fucking thing is back, more aggressive than ever.

The treatment heā€™s had over the years has basically wrecked his body, he put on loads of weight because of the steroids he was taking, which has led to arthritis in his hips but he canā€™t get replacements until he loses weight, but he canā€™t lose weight because of his medication and the inability to exerciseā€¦

I just got off the phone with him, and I really got the impression heā€™s just had enough.

Sorry to hear that Rob. Cancer is the cuntiest.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Rob, horrible.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, I lost my brother to the big C, itā€™s shitty.

1 Like

Itā€™s a bastard Rob. My sympathies to you and to your brother too. All I can say is tomorrow is another day. There will be positives as well as the hurt. All we can do is to try and focus on them.

Graeme

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, Rob. Hope things improve for him.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Rob,it really is a shit illness

1 Like

I feel for you Rob. I have had very close personal experience of this too and there are just no words.

2 Likes

This is true. I always feel shit with these threads because whatever you say just sounds like a poxy platitude.

3 Likes

Iā€™m the same, I feel a little uncomfortable posting replies to these kind of posts, but believe me they do help, even if they might feel trite as youā€™re typing.

Iā€™m going to visit him next week for a couple of days, help him chop some wood and stuff, itā€™s highly likely weā€™ll shift some whisky too. Iā€™ll do my best to cheer him up a bit. Iā€™m actually worried about my S-I-L, sheā€™s really in the hole about it.

Iā€™ll be at Jimā€™s on the Saturday, guys, please forgive me if Iā€™m a bit down.

1 Like

I was at Jimā€™s last year just after my dadā€™s funeral ( which was a year ago today) and was in a shit mood but it genuinely helped, I had a great day!

1 Like

Rob, thatā€™s awful. Practical support for Brother and S-I-L will mean everything to them.

1 Like

Dunno what to say really Rob. The bad days associated with lengthy treatment for cancer are awful. Iā€™m not surprised that your brother is struggling after a decade and further bad news. A bit of subtle support and a couple of better days can make a lot of difference. It is feckin tough stuff though.

8 Likes

Very sorry to hear that, Rob. :frowning:

Have a really great time with your brother Rob. Wish him All the best from us bunch of cunts.
:+1:

2 Likes

Having family around will help. Just being there will support and comfort him, or even just offer a distraction.

Will do. Heā€™ll appreciate it.

So sorry to hear about your brother Rob - long term sickness is such hard thing to deal with for all involved but as everyone has said being there for him will help him and you. Jimā€™s bakeoff will be a good thing for you as well :+1:

2 Likes