Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Sorry to hear that Rob. You’ll be more support to him than you will ever realise.

I wish him and his family well.

All the best.

2 Likes

I can’t read the situation from afar, Rob.

But with the benefit of hindsight, there is something I’d try to differently with my Dad in his end stages. Just be more accepting of the situation and grump he was in.

I wanted to have a deep and meaningful father/son chat, and to let him know how much he was loved.

Well intentioned, but with blinkers of the healthy, I failed to recognize/accept how intolerable he was finding continued existence. He’d neither the mood nor health for conversation beyond curtness.

If the chance came round again, I’d sit much more quietly, and try to enter the space he was in. Rather than having my own agenda.

Offered in case crumbs are useful.

14 Likes

Savage knee to the scrote of the yellow which has reared it’s ugly head just as I board a flight back to the U.K. from Straya. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:The effect on those sitting close to the loos might be ungodly. :worried: I am certainly not looking forward to this. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Hang on in there Olan.

VB

1 Like

That’s really shit Rob, sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Dreadful stuff, very sorry for your plight. I think there is some very good strategic advice from B2T here.

1 Like

Hope everything settles down for you once you’re home.

1 Like

Sorry to hear your news Rob. I hope things improve asap for your brother. Jim’s bake is the perfect place to take your mind off things, with great company, and the occasional delicious meal. The coffee & hifi are adequate too, so should be a real tonic.

1 Like

Crap news Olan. I hope the flight passes smoothly, for you and those sat nearby!

I hate long haul flights at the best of times, but that must be simply horrible, Olan. Hope you manage to get home with the minimum of discomfort.

That is truly shit timing by the yellow Ólan, hope it settles down.

Sorry to hear about reoccurring snag best of luck with the flight.

You are supporting him and his family Rob, which is all that anyone can do. Best wishes to you all, I hope things improve.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this Alan.

Hopefully it will be nowhere near as bad as you envisage.

Really sorry to hear your news Rob.

1 Like

Shit news Rob. Never easy mate.

1 Like

real bummer prostate cancer , if it spreads it can be really nasty . if it doesn`t spread you can go on for 30 years with it with treatment . i had a normal psa test recently but a number of my friends including a public health consultant call it a prostate stress and anxiety [psa] test becuase it can give false positives and result in lots of intrusive investigations

About 3 in 4 men with a raised PSA level will not have cancer. The PSA test can also miss about 15% of cancers.

Pros and cons of the PSA test

Pros:

• it may reassure you if the test result is normal
  • it can find early signs of cancer, meaning you can get treated early
  • PSA testing may reduce your risk of dying if you do have cancer

Cons:

• it can miss cancer and provide false reassurance
  • it may lead to unnecessary worry and medical tests when there’s no cancer
  • it cannot tell the difference between slow-growing and fast-growing cancers
  • it may make you worry by finding a slow-growing cancer that may never cause any problems

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/should-i-have-psa-test/

3 Likes

By the time you read this Ólan you will have landed and they will probably have sluiced you out of the plane.
Hopefully the rest of the journey home will be OK.

2 Likes

When I had one my GP didn’t tell me not to have sex for a few days beforehand. The results were still normal though.

VB

yes so many things can have a false positive , i didn`t know that was one of them though