Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

I heard that one died of malnutrition and one of disease. I’ve got a cousin whose third child was born when he was 22 and his wife was 21. Mind, a couple of years is quite a big difference at that age. And my relatives are from Lincolnshire :wink:.

VB

True, but as Jim says

If she’d run away within the UK with her crack-dealer boyfriend when she was 15 would we give up on her while she was still in her teens ? I’m not a parent, but I wonder how I would feel about it if she were my child.

VB

She is “not fazed” by the beheading of the enemies of Islam. I have issues with her being a parent in the UK and potentially radicalising more kids.

1 Like

I quite agree that she needs to change her way of thinking fundamentally. That may not be easy to achieve. But the immediate question is whether to bring her back and give her help to do it. The choice would be a lot easier if she was already convincingly remorseful. But as a very isolated westerner living in something like hell on earth maybe that’s a lot to hope for at this stage ?

EDIT: If she could be brought to see the error of her ways she might be a convincing advocate against fanaticism.

VB

I really don’t know what I would do if I was her father.

If I were her father I would be very embarrased and angry, but full of support and love for her.

I’d want to at least try my best to guide her back to our way of thinking before letting go…

1 Like

Love, yes. Support? Not sure about that, not without remorse.

so true

She’s been there and done that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If I was her father I would have disowned her long ago.

It’s probably therefore best that I remain childless.

1 Like

If you were her father, do you think you’d spell embarrassed correctly? :wink:

1 Like

My care cup is empty.

1 Like

What’s an S between friends hey?

1 Like

I find this one very difficult. On the one hand there is the IS sympathiser who has expressed some very abhorrent views and might be complicit in crimes I wouldn’t care to think about. I would have little time or concern for such a person. On the other is a girl who was 15 when this began, who may have been groomed prior to her leaving and certainly has been put through a series of experiences nobody would wish on a child, who is carrying an innocent baby. As we have only heard her words through the filter of The Times at a period of great stress, it might be prudent to delay passing a sentence or jumping to any conclusions.

2 Likes

There are plenty of people like that in a Syrian refugee camp.

1 Like

Yep, but the majority are not from Bethnal Green and so present a different set of problems for the UK Government.

Overpriced used record shops can get to fuck. Ten quid for boney fucking M. The rest of the stock was also at dumb ass prices and piss poor condition. Setting this everywhere now, not just a Bristol thing.

2 Likes

Car booties are the same

I think Oxfam were amongst the first to ramp up 2nd hand prices.

1 Like

I also get hacked off at the number of shops advertising a record as first press to get a premium on the price when the record is a second or third press, just robbing bastard’s. Even had one told me no mobiles in his shop, nice rule to stop a discogs check.