Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

You could well be right.

In that’s the case it’s up to her if she comes back. No need to ask the Government. She just needs to get herself back here (she’ll need to ask her family for assistance).

Whether she’s prosecuted or not can be decided by the CPS in due course, using the same two stage test that they always use.

She can get to fuck if she thinks we’ll be sending someone out to get her or paying for a flight for her.

I wonder how ISIS are taking her appeal to come back? Come to think of it maybe we should go and get her (on the condition that we can use her return as propaganda).

So what happens to her then? She is British it is for Britain to deal with her. We can’t just palm her off to another country because we don’t like her associates or beliefs.
If she is guilty of treason then she should be put on trial, in Britain.

1 Like

She was a child who was radicalised online. She went to live in a foreign country, was married to an IS fighter, possibly Dutch, had two children who died and is currently 9 months pregnant. I don’t believe there is any more information in the public domain that would suggest she has committed any sort of crime let alone treason.

She had the ability to get herself to Syria as a child therefore as an adult she has the ability to get herself back.

I fail to see why anyone should risk their life to go and get her.

2 Likes

Behover witness.

2 Likes

I wasn’t suggesting that any MSF doctors should be involved. Merely suggesting that a refugee camp may not be too dangerous a place for a UK government official to visit and provide consular assistance to this young woman.

She wasn’t 9 months pregnant during the outward journey. Who knows if she still has her passport or any money at all?

At 9 months pregnant she (probably) wouldn’t be allowed to fly.

If she has lost her passport she can go to the nearest open consulate and request a new one (or assistance)

The UK has suspended all services of the British Embassy in Damascus and all diplomatic personnel have been withdrawn from Syria.

There aren’t any UK government officials there. We’re not on speaking terms with the Assad government so we’re hardly likely to request permission for a visa I think. That would mean we’d have to enter the country illegally. It’s a war zone. Illegal foreigners, especially those from countries which have recently attacked the government militarily, may find themselves with some awkward questions to answer if they should bump into a Syrian policeman or soldier.

VB

Fellow human being, no matter what. Who can say they have not made a mistake aged 15?

4 Likes

Making a mistake is one thing but not regretting it or showing remorse is another, she only wants to come back to the UK to have her child with medical support.

As far as I’m concerned she is an extremely radicalised ISIS member and shouldn’t be permitted back into the UK (or be a UK citizen)

I’m fairly confident there will be new interviews within a few days displaying her tear filled and remorseful.

I have a small amount of sympathy for her as I believe her father is largely responsible for her radicalisation but she’s now 19 years old and should by now have the experience to know that the ideology of ISIS is wrong. She had no issues with seeing the decapitated head of an enemy of Islam in a bucket (note the term she used was "an enemy of islam)

2 Likes

She is as British as anyone, why is this so hard to understand :thinking:

1 Like

Doesn’t mean they can’t revoke her citizenship.

She was born here.

She’s very very naughty and should be made to go to bed early without any supper.

3 Likes

doesn’t matter, it can still be revoked by the Home Secretary

I think that view is racist. We should not disown people no matter what they have done. She was born here, she is our responsibility.

1 Like

I’m an EU citizen, but that is apparently being stripped from me against my will by this government

2 Likes

that’s a cop out and pretty sad that you are resorting to playing a racist card.

It’s the law and racism does not come into it, in order to be a British citizen you need to abide by a set of standards and one of those is not being a risk to national security or member of a terrorist group.

3 Likes

Fucking stop it.

That’s a totally different issue and you know it.