ooh dear 10% extra for your porsche

3 different threads now :roll_eyes:

1 Like

but but but, Liam Fox said ā€¦

ah my bad ā€¦ didnt notice !!

1 Like

More correcter now

1 Like

here we go againā€¦ more rats ā€¦ more smell . why the heck cant they sort this out . bang some heads together

More than 300 Birmingham bin workers have started the first of a series of strikes in a dispute with the council.

It stems from claims some staff have been ā€œblacklistedā€ for taking part in industrial action in 2017, when piles of rubbish were left on the streets.

The Unite members have been working to rule since 29 December over a payment given to GMB members who did not take part in previous strike action.

A ā€œreasonableā€ offer had been made to unions, Birmingham City Council said.

Collections in the city have moved to fortnightly, which the council said was to ensure ā€œreliability of serviceā€ until the dispute is resolved.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47281155

The headline should have been,

ā€œMan dead. Neighbours pissed off with ambulances continuously blocking their drive decide to block drive to ambulances for 3 hours. Private care home owner refuses to take responsibility for state of access to his care home, putting residents lives at riskā€

What ā€˜state of accessā€™? Thereā€™s a road. It provides access to a care home. Some selfish cunts chose to block it because they donā€™t like it being used for access to said care home. A man died because of their selfishness.

Hope they get their comeuppance.

11 Likes

Sorry Bob sounds like sophistry to me. Man dead due to moronic behaviour. Fancy blocking an ambulance for three hours???

1 Like

Bloke was already dead.

I dug around a bit and, as always, itā€™s more nuanced than this. The man did not die due to the blocking of the ambulances. They got to the care home without trouble. They either couldnā€™t save him or he was dead already. The blocking in incident began while they were inside the care home. Perhaps if theyā€™d come rushing out with him shouting ā€˜Emergency, emergencyā€™ the neighbours would have moved immediately ?

The problem is that the care home is down a very narrow private road (not a public highway) and whenever the ambulances come they block it so the other residents canā€™t get in and out. I donā€™t know whether they could leave a gap, but it seems they donā€™t. This has pissed the residents off and a one-off incident wouldnā€™t do that. There must be an ongoing problem.

Google mapsā€™ aerial view shows a grassy area in front of the care home. Presumably the owner could hard-surface it to allow vehicles off the road if necessary ? It seems from the picture here https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/health/appalling-motorists-block-ambulance-attending-life-threatening-emergency-at-care-home-near-hastings-1-8814884 that there are also off-road spaces the ambulances could use.

The bottom line is that itā€™s an offence to hinder or obstruct emergency workers attending an emergency https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-emergency-workers-obstruction-act-2006. The police were there. They didnā€™t charge anyone, so Iā€™m guessing they judged that no-one was doing any hindering in an emergency, or at least that a court wouldnā€™t think they were.

In a real emergency that takes absolute priority. Otherwise there has to be some give and take. Just saying ā€œIā€™ve got a vehicle with a blue light so Iā€™ll leave it wherever I like, whenever I like for as long as I like and if that blocks you in then tough, I donā€™t careā€ is the sort of attitude that got those pictures of police cars parked in disabled spaces at doughnut shops into the ā€œHow to park like a cuntā€ thread.

VB

Are you bored Graeme? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes and no. End of year accounts.

VB

1 Like

Accounts? You mean tax?

Tax sometimes happens, but Companies House care about your accounts whether or not thereā€™s any tax.

VB

I was thinking timing, you know end of January.

I did my end of January personal tax return before the end of January. They charge you if you donā€™t.

Iā€™m doing my end of February Companies House stuff now (each company has its own deadline, determined by when the company was set up, but itā€™s always a month-end and mineā€™s this month).

VB

Not a pleasant task

Seems Sajid Javid agrees

Pour dĆ©courager les autres peut-ĆŖtre ā€¦

EDIT: Just (literally !) noticed this in the armchair politics thread too.

VB

IMG_7845

IMG_7843

Condensing flue fitted to non condensing boiler.

Cunts.

5 Likes