Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

:+1:

To my friend who popped around and said with a straight face that a foo mains cable made a significant difference.

I do have some foo mains cables but only use one on the Teac CD transport, because I can.

Branston, reasons

1 Like

That and the fact he appears to have routed it through a ceramic hob, thus spoiling the hob experience for the owner. Wharra cunt.

Do you think heā€™s in a bit of a pickleā€¦

1 Like

I had someone come round here with a foo Russ Andrews mains cable and connect it to the external power supply for the motor on my turntable. The motor is DC. Give it itā€™s due the turntable didnā€™t slow down or speed up but he was convinced he could hear a difference in the sound.
When I asked how that could possibly make any difference to the sound he told me that he couldnā€™t believe I couldnā€™t hear any difference and my prejudices must be getting in the way. :grinning:

1 Like

Once he left I presume you had the locks changed and then lost the key for security/Nutter reasons.

1 Like

Personally, Iā€™d have unplugged the cable and thrashed him soundly with it.

2 Likes

I replaced a standard Heybrook TT2 mains cable with a Russ Andrews Yello power cable once and was convinced it sounded better, until I changed it back again.

This was a long time ago, I feel better now :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My long awaited JBL bass units arrived from the good old USA where they know how to do everything better than the rest of the world, including packing two drive units, NOT.

What a cunt.

2 Likes

Hardly surprising thereā€™s a dent if they packed the fruit in there as well :wink:

Oh dear, idiotsā€¦

Thatā€™s bloody annoying Bob. Presumably it was some amateur, not any commercial supplier.

VB

At least youā€™ve got them. I sent a drive unit away for repair last May, paid for it in July and Iā€™m still bloody waiting for it to come back. And thatā€™s from somewhere in the UK!

My emails have gone from ā€˜niceā€™ to ā€˜snottyā€™ and will shortly be heading to ā€˜threateningā€™

Nope a commercial supplier.

Donā€™t understand why they didnā€™t bolt them together

1 Like

Just do small claims, gets people moving.

Neither do I. Any sensible person sending 15" drive units would bolt them together, stops damage.

1 Like

some spreadsheet jockey will have calculated the 15p saving by not using nuts and bolts for each shipmentā€¦

Thats extremely upsetting and pretty stupid, hope you get your money back